First Lap Time Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Murphy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya,
Kim and Kanye joined our family five days ago and we decided to do their first lap time. Me and my partner got a pig each, snuggled with them in a blanket and fed them a variety of veg. Kanye was totally fine, quiet, ate all the food I handed to him. Lots of strokes and cuddles and some purring.
Kim on the other hand. Wouldn't keep still. Squeaking/whinging in a sort of distressed way.
So we tried putting them together to see if it was that, but she didn't settle and then Kanye became agitated. So we put them both back.
Not sure what all that means.
I wish I'd of recorded the noices she was making. She was either really distressed or just a really noisy guinea!
Anyone have any tips for next time?

Caron's Cavies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello and :wel:

My advice is patience and persistence and lots more patience :nod:

Like humans every piggy has a different personality and therefore may take longer to trust you and enjoy being with you.

Keep doing what you are doing but also try different things with them. I have 4 boars and 4 sows. Some like cuddles and some don't. Some like chin rubs and some don't. You can see a pattern emerging can't you. :D

As you learn about them they are get to learn and trust you so you are doing just great. Enjoy the experience. By the way I love their names. I assume though that you have had Kanye neutered or you will end up with a little North or two :yikes: :lol!:

Rebecca Murphy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!
We got them out again today but instead of giving them cuddles straight away, we put them both on a blanket and give them a plate of veg each and left them to it. They had so much fun! Ate it all. No whinging from Kim. Kanye loved being stroked and Kim liked being strokes now and again. They were out for about an hour with us. It was lovely. Then we put Kim back and gave Kayne loads of cuddles. I think my new aim is to go slow with Kim :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.