• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece Burrowing Worries..

court29x

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
After two days of trying to master the art of wicking I think my fleece cage liners are almost ready to be put in the cage, however, I have a massive fear of one of the girls burrowing it up or it slipping about, a lot of people have recommended the stuff you put under rugs to stop them sliding so I'm off to go get some of that in the morning but what can I do to avoid any burrowing? :no:

maybe put another fleece blanket over the liner and attatch the fleece over the correx and fix with binder clips .

If you find a solution, let me know :)) I tend to put heavy things at the corners as that's where Bella tends to get in. She still manages it sometimes but I hang her from her toes in the piggy dungeon as punishment.

You'd think she'd learn :hmm:

If you find a solution, let me know :)) I tend to put heavy things at the corners as that's where Bella tends to get in. She still manages it sometimes but I hang her from her toes in the piggy dungeon as punishment.

You'd think she'd learn :hmm:
I think I will try the heavy items, I've also seen someone say they put long bits of wood along the edges of the cage, but if I find a better way I will be sure to let you know!

I think I will try the heavy items, I've also seen someone say they put long bits of wood along the edges of the cage, but if I find a better way I will be sure to let you know!

Oh I know another way! I've read of people who use Velcro attached to the cage and the soft part on the liner and sticking it down :)

Let me know how it goes! I've been debating doing it for a while butttttt... I forgot if I'm honest :))
I definitely will! I don't even know if my piggies are burrowers yet, but with how mischievous the pair can be I just have an inkling that they are haha! I occasionally catch beansprout digging under the woodchippings so I have a feeling with fleece she'll be a nightmare!

I definitely will! I don't even know if my piggies are burrowers yet, but with how mischievous the pair can be I just have an inkling that they are haha! I occasionally catch beansprout digging under the woodchippings so I have a feeling with fleece she'll be a nightmare!

Be warned, if you have one they will teach the others! Bella is my naughty pig and she's taught the other piggies how to fleece borrow, even funny little Tonks :))

Be warned, if you have one they will teach the others! Bella is my naughty pig and she's taught the other piggies how to fleece borrow, even funny little Tonks :))
Great! Bean will definitely teach Noodle if she's learnt herself! thanks for the heads up! Tonks seems like a right little character :D

Great! Bean will definitely teach Noodle if she's learnt herself! thanks for the heads up! Tonks seems like a right little character :D

Us piggy parents have gotta stick together ;)

Oh she is, a right little nervous nelly but a nut case all the same :))

Back