• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pxhione

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey there!

Recently I have been bringing out my 3 girls for daily floor time. They're in a 5 x 6 CC cage but they still love the extra room of course!
Floor time consists of them going into a large metal run added onto their cage, allowing access to the middle of the living room. I was wondering if anyone has let their Piggies run free roam instead of in a run (hiding cables etc). I'm worried they'll hide under a sofa and never come out! Haha. What are your experiences?

I have free roaming piggies in the living room, except from 10pm to 8am or when hubby and I go out for the day. They do go under the coffee table and a ratan chair (I've put fleece there so they can eat and sleep there whenever they want to) but we blocked any entry area that would get them under the sofa. The sofa is by the wall so it's easy enough to block.

IMG_20180928_180042.jpgIMG_20180928_180434.jpg

I did have free-roaming piggies and my friend also has them now.

I blocked behind the sofa (a favourite poop and pee place) and kept wires hidden.

I miss having the piggies running around x

I have free roaming piggies in the living room, except from 10pm to 8am or when hubby and I go out for the day. They do go under the coffee table and a ratan chair (I've put fleece there so they can eat and sleep there whenever they want to) but we blocked any entry area that would get them under the sofa. The sofa is by the wall so it's easy enough to block.

View attachment 112070View attachment 112071
Lovely set up! I'll deffo give it a try, thankyou!

I'm sure I have the same hutch as you, and your ginger is so much like mine. Does she have red eyes?

I love your setup - it's great :)

Mine are part-time free range. At the weekends they have the run of my dining room, but they’re blocked off from my living room (it’s open plan and we have to go through their room to get to the kitchen, so there’s lots of interaction) because there’s just too much for them to hide behind, pee under, chew up etc in the living room. Having said that, they have chewed the mortgage file - now somewhere safer- the chair legs, the walls and the bottom 4inches of the floor-length curtains are filthy - I have no idea how they’re that dirty but it must be the pigs! They have a pen that they go into at night or when we’re out and they do most of their toileting in there too.

I'm sure I have the same hutch as you, and your ginger is so much like mine. Does she have red eyes?

I love your setup - it's great :)
Thank you! My ginger piggy is a neutered boar named Prince (in honour of Prince Harry 😂). He doesn't have red eyes. He's the most laid back and most tame piggy we've had.

IMG_20190211_001629_632.jpg

oh my goshhh ! I was about to order that strawberry bed on amazon. Which size did you go with ? Super cute.

When Gladys and Pippin were little I just put them on a fleece and they stayed on it... so funny how they wouldn't dare step on the wooden floor 😂 one time Gladys legged it under a table and took me ages to get her out...

oh my goshhh ! I was about to order that strawberry bed on amazon. Which size did you go with ? Super cute.
I ordered the medium size. 😉 It's quite flimsy though and I cut the bottom layer so it's an open bottom. My piggies love going inside to eat in private there, but one of my piggies, Sierra, keeps on tipping it over. 🤦

I have free roaming piggies! They hop in and out of their cage as they please, I just keep a little book wrapped in a soft blanket so they find it easier to jump in and out of their cage when they feel like it as well as blocking off access to our TV/behind the TV. Move all your cables and wires though, both my lamps, Google Home and laptop cable have been munched on in the past:hb:
My girls get so excited if you hide little bits of veggie around the room too for them to find! They love being able to roam free!

My two free roam when we are in. They mainly just sit under the chairs but it's up to them which I think they like. My only struggle is the poo and wee so I try and put towels and liners under the chairs. We have had guineas in the past that did nibble everything in reach but these two don't so they are ok with wires etc.

Hi where did you buy the black fencing bit we have just adopted our little bailey and would love this set up thank you

Hey there!

Recently I have been bringing out my 3 girls for daily floor time. They're in a 5 x 6 CC cage but they still love the extra room of course!
Floor time consists of them going into a large metal run added onto their cage, allowing access to the middle of the living room. I was wondering if anyone has let their Piggies run free roam instead of in a run (hiding cables etc). I'm worried they'll hide under a sofa and never come out! Haha. What are your experiences?
Me. Mine have full access to the room they're in during floor time. They zoom around like little crazies. They do go under furniture but soon come back out.

I'd open the room up for full access to the ground floor but I've got a doggy so can't do that.

Hi where did you buy the black fencing bit we have just adopted our little bailey and would love this set up thank you
The black fencing is actually C&C grids which a lot of people use ot build their entire cage.
They are super versatile.

Hector and Kiki free roam our lounge when we are at home. Amazingly they return to their cage to pee and we have never had one pee on the carpet. They tend to sit on a fleece rug at the side of the sofa where we get the odd poop occasi9nally but never in the carpet. They are quite unusual as they are house trained

Back