• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Growling Sow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celine298

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I had my two out for a little lap time this evening and I reached down to pet Lola. Normally she loves being petted and scratched, she burbles constantly when I do it, but tonight she let out two little growls!

I'm used to hearing it from sunny as he rumble struts but not Lola!

Could she just be asserting a little bit of domence over sunny because it was lap time?

So I had my two out for a little lap time this evening and I reached down to pet Lola. Normally she loves being petted and scratched, she burbles constantly when I do it, but tonight she let out two little growls!

I'm used to hearing it from sunny as he rumble struts but not Lola!

Could she just be asserting a little bit of domence over sunny because it was lap time?

Hi! it is difficult to say what as caused the reaction without knowing the full situational context.

Well they're a year together now, bonded straight away with no hassle. Sunny assumed the lead beine a bit older and the male.

Normally when I take them out for laptime I put them on the sofa beside me. They have lots of space to find their own corners and I give them a blanket to burrow under if they feel like snoozing. I usually pet them in turns, but sunny is more of a "I'll sit close to you but don't get too zealous with the petting" kind of boar. Lola loves to be petted, stretches her little feets out and everything.

But this evening, while sunny was snoozing, she growled when I pet her. Maybe she was just being moody but I've never heard her do that before

Well they're a year together now, bonded straight away with no hassle. Sunny assumed the lead beine a bit older and the male.

Normally when I take them out for laptime I put them on the sofa beside me. They have lots of space to find their own corners and I give them a blanket to burrow under if they feel like snoozing. I usually pet them in turns, but sunny is more of a "I'll sit close to you but don't get too zealous with the petting" kind of boar. Lola loves to be petted, stretches her little feets out and everything.

But this evening, while sunny was snoozing, she growled when I pet her. Maybe she was just being moody but I've never heard her do that before

You have to see whether it was a one off or whether there is something else going on. She may be about to come into season, or be developing mange mites (an unwillingness to have painful skin touched is often the very first sign)... All you can do is see how it plays out. It would be nice if we had a translator, but sadly, we haven't.

They're scheduled for their last injections next Friday for mange mites, vet is very happy with their progress so I doubt it's that.

She could well be coming into season, I never track it because sunny got the snip so there's no chance of babies.

I'll keep you guys posted! As for a translator, I think we can all agree the majority of what they would say is "GIMME VEGGIES!" :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back