• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig 5ft chartwell hutch

isabelbella

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! I'm going to be buying a hutch for my two boers as it is heating up a bit now so can have them outside for the warmer season.

Has anyone got the 5ft chartwell hutch? (i think its labeled as a rabbit hutch but works for guinea pigs), I just haven't be able to find many detailed reviews of it online so just want to see if anyone has any good / bad experiences with it before i buy it! I'll be getting the hutch with both the insulator and water coat so it will be just under £200.

I'm sure the 5ft hutch is a good size as it is 5ft by 2ft (10ft squared) which is good for two pigs. They will also have both indoor time on my floor and I have an outdoors run which has plenty of room for them to run about in.

Chartwell hutches are good hutches.

A 5ft x 2ft is the minimum size for two boars so its fine but they would benefit from the extra two square feet if you can get a 6ft hutch (6x2ft being the recommended size for two boars). Mine were originally in a 5ft and it was a bit tight for them, given boars more territorial nature

I have the 6ft double storey hutch for my pigs. I used to have 5 piggies so needed both storeys I now have only 3 so just use the top. 6ft x 2ft would be better for 2 boars as they will have more space. The Chartwell hutch is very well made I've had mine now for 3 years (2 of which it was outside permanently then we moved house and it is now in the garage) and it is still going strong with lots more years in it yet.

I am not impressed my the thin plywood walls of my chartwell hutch. I now use it as storage in the rabbit shed.

Chartwell hutches are good hutches.

A 5ft x 2ft is the minimum size for two boars so its fine but they would benefit from the extra two square feet if you can get a 6ft hutch (6x2ft being the recommended size for two boars). Mine were originally in a 5ft and it was a bit tight for them, given boars more territorial nature
I have the 6ft double storey hutch for my pigs. I used to have 5 piggies so needed both storeys I now have only 3 so just use the top. 6ft x 2ft would be better for 2 boars as they will have more space. The Chartwell hutch is very well made I've had mine now for 3 years (2 of which it was outside permanently then we moved house and it is now in the garage) and it is still going strong with lots more years in it yet.

Okay thanks! I'll measure the space i'm going to put the hutch and see if the 6ft fits there! fingers crossed (:

I've 2. 6feet chartwell hutches,both are 7 years old and still going strong.they have been outdoors all these 7years !20160924_165340.jpg

Back