• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Got Hay Stuck In Nose

Patrick7714

New Born Pup
Reaction score
About 10 minutes ago I heard my guinea pig start sneezing so I went to check on her only to find a piece of hay sticking out of her nose! I have absolutely no idea how she managed to get it stuck in there but thankfully it wasn't hard to pull out. Then her nose starting bleeding. It has stopped bleeding now and she seems fine but I'm still worried. It was in her nose pretty deep and did have a little blood on it when I pulled it out. Do you think she'll be fine or should I be concerned?

About 10 minutes ago I heard my guinea pig start sneezing so I went to check on her only to find a piece of hay sticking out of her nose! I have absolutely no idea how she managed to get it stuck in there but thankfully it wasn't hard to pull out. Then her nose starting bleeding. It has stopped bleeding now and she seems fine but I'm still worried. It was in her nose pretty deep and did have a little blood on it when I pulled it out. Do you think she'll be fine or should I be concerned?

She will likely be fine. See a vet if there are problems with repeated bleeding or swelling/breathing issues.

Back