• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig Living area

GuineaBabs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Alright guys, hey! Let’s start by saying that I’m not trying to start anything I’m just here to learn more and ask a question :) ! So I have 3 boys and 2 girls. The males get along really well surprisingly and don’t like getting separated so I have kept them together. The females ignore each other most of the time. Currently both the females and males have their own cages. We were considering buying a storage bin for the guineas. It’s really clear and is really short as they are meant for the bed. It’s 35 x 16 but we’re planning on customizing it to connect it to another storage bin making it a lot spacier. The walls, how I said are really short but not too short for the piggies. We are going to keep the lids off 24/7 and will check on the temperature constantly to make sure the piggies are in a safe climate. Our rooms is ALWAYS at guinea pig temperature and don’t have problems in the winter or summer. What do you guys think? The boys would get 2 storage bins connected to each other and so would the females.

Alright guys, hey! Let’s start by saying that I’m not trying to start anything I’m just here to learn more and ask a question :) ! So I have 3 boys and 2 girls. The males get along really well surprisingly and don’t like getting separated so I have kept them together. The females ignore each other most of the time. Currently both the females and males have their own cages. We were considering buying a storage bin for the guineas. It’s really clear and is really short as they are meant for the bed. It’s 35 x 16 but we’re planning on customizing it to connect it to another storage bin making it a lot spacier. The walls, how I said are really short but not too short for the piggies. We are going to keep the lids off 24/7 and will check on the temperature constantly to make sure the piggies are in a safe climate. Our rooms is ALWAYS at guinea pig temperature and don’t have problems in the winter or summer. What do you guys think? The boys would get 2 storage bins connected to each other and so would the females.

is that inches? still sounds too small to me there is a great size guide in the guides section of this forum. guinea pigs can hop higher than you think especially a determined male that can smell females. how old are your boys? if they're coming up to their hormonal months you really need to be giving them a huge amount of space boar trios rarely work but space really is the key to success.

Hi! So nice that you're customizing this for the guineas. Personally, I don't recommend storage bins for guinea pigs instead I think the best option would be for you to purchase some C&C grids for their cage. This is great so the guineas don't feel enclosed but you can still customize it how you'd like and quite honestly it would probably be less work and better quality than cutting up plastic (maybe a little more pricey though). It'll also work perfectly with water bottles or any wall decorations. Even though you're connecting multiple bins to make the cage bigger a starting cage size for guineas to my knowledge is 30" x 44". Unlike "the hamsters myth" it's better to have large open spaces than multiple small connecting rooms and tunnels, but those are also great! Here's a website that I've used for my guineas throughout the years that may be helpful with cage set up guidance and if you'd like to invest in C&C grids. Hope this helps and good luck with your adorable pack! :)
Guinea Pig Cages Store

Also a cage thread:
Cage Size Guide

Hi! So nice that you're customizing this for the guineas. Personally, I don't recommend storage bins for guinea pigs instead I think the best option would be for you to purchase some C&C grids for their cage. This is great so the guineas don't feel enclosed but you can still customize it how you'd like and quite honestly it would probably be less work and better quality than cutting up plastic (maybe a little more pricey though). It'll also work perfectly with water bottles or any wall decorations. Even though you're connecting multiple bins to make the cage bigger a starting cage size for guineas to my knowledge is 30" x 44". Unlike "the hamsters myth" it's better to have large open spaces than multiple small connecting rooms and tunnels, but those are also great! Here's a website that I've used for my guineas throughout the years that may be helpful with cage set up guidance and if you'd like to invest in C&C grids. Hope this helps and good luck with your adorable pack! :)
Guinea Pig Cages Store

Also a cage thread:
Cage Size Guide
Thank you so much 😁! I absolutely love the website you linked! Have you bought anything from there before? Just want to make sure it’s secure! Definitely looking to buy their items it’s so helpful!

Thank you so much 😁! I absolutely love the website you linked! Have you bought anything from there before? Just want to make sure it’s secure! Definitely looking to buy their items it’s so helpful!
Yes I have! I bought my entire cage from there and it's fantastic quality and the people are super kind if you'd like to call or email them with any questions about cage setup also.

Back