• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Magazine

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
#39 cover.jpg #38 cover.jpg #37 cover.jpg

If you would like to have pictures of guinea pigs published, stories to tell or would like to remember a piggy of yours, Guinea Pig Magazine is a great place!
The cover piggies are readers' pigs and you can always read their story.

It is also a great place for information; the standard of it is comparable to our forum (in fact, a number of present or former forum members have become regular contributors). Apart from a regular "Ask the Experts" page, there is always a medical article, a rescue story, care and behaviour contributions, behind the scenes clinic or vet nurse tips, readers' product testing, competitions and quizzes...
The magazine is covering a wide range of topics and is a wonderful up-to-date resource - something that no printed book can provide at the moment as so much has changed over the last few years - or in such depth!

#32 cover.jpg #28 cover.jpg #30 cover.jpg

Guinea Pig Magazine is the only internationally available magazine (and an adward winning one at that!) that is dedicated to just guinea pigs. Like our forum, it is a rescue friendly, non-breeding pet owners publication, so we can fully endorse it.

The magazine is available in both a printed and a cheaper downloadable version without shipping cost and comes out every 2 months. Backdated issues can also be bought.
Where you can get your subscription: Guinea Pig Magazine

If you have any questions, Guinea Pig Magazine is on facebook, twitter and instagram, too!
Facebook: Guinea Pig Magazine

Here are some peaks inside the magazine; there is always lots of content and no stock pictures!

Contents:
#38 directory.jpg

Medical article:
#39 Medical.jpg

Behaviour and care articles:
(Illustration ideas to the enrichment article I wrote exclusively for GPM with lots of pictures of my own piggies)
#34 Enrichment.jpg

Reader's story:
#34 Tom's story.jpg

Readers' guinea pigs' gallery:
#38 Gallery.jpg

Readers'letters:
letters.jpg

Competitions:
Rosewood competition.jpg

Adoptables with rescue guinea pigs looking for a home from rescues around the world:
Adoptables.jpg

Looks like a fantastic magazine. I have just subscribed and gone for the proper copy, not download. Can't wait till it arrives :D

I ordered the magazine a week ago, paid by bank transfer but when I check my account on the magazine website, it says my order status is on hold. Any reason why this might be? Payment has gone through and left my bank account.

I ordered the magazine a week ago, paid by bank transfer but when I check my account on the magazine website, it says my order status is on hold. Any reason why this might be? Payment has gone through and left my bank account.

You have to contact the magazine, as I don't handle this side. It think that some things are currently being overhauled/rearranged, but it is better to make sure. Contact Us – Guinea Pig Magazine

It can be that your subscription is on hold because it won't start with the current issue (out July) but with the next issue (out September).

I did select the current issue (#39) as my first one. I've sent an email so I'm sure I'll get it sorted :)

I did select the current issue (#39) as my first one. I've sent an email so I'm sure I'll get it sorted :)

It's currently a bit hectic to find an alternative supplier as the next post will explain!

If you are a UK reader of Guinea Pig Magazine, please help us to chart the future and let the magazine know which supermarket chain you'd like us to target for a trial run for sales, Tesco or Asda.
Guinea Pig Magazine (facebook) or see the post on twitter.

But it takes time to set it all up, so if you want to get hold of the next issue coming out in September due to a reduced print run, you need to pre-order via this link here as it takes time to set up things with another outlet. We would like to hear from you soon because the size of the print run depends on the number of pre-orders the magazine gets.
If you wish to get issue 40 with a great forum members' input for my upcoming guinea pig naming article, please order it now via this link here: Guinea Pig Magazine

Unfortunately, pets@home management are not changing their mind, do not answer any emails or posts with complaints.
Management have also not bothered to listen to front line staff input or to even alert them to the top level management decision and have left them to fend as best as they can with disappointed customers. :(

All sorted. Got a lovely reply from Alison explaining it all. I can't wait to read my magazine which should be here any day :D

Back