• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Have Some Teeth! Bitey Boy.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So with all my efforts to get Iggy better and loving him unconditionally, he's decided to thank me by biting me :))

I know when Bella was young she went through this phase. She came out of it fairly quickly and I did the normal "I'm the boss but I love you" guinea pig dominance techniques which she responded to well. So I'm doing the same for Iggy.

HOWEVER! Iggy just decides to bite me more, although he hasn't drawn blood.

Initially I thought it was pain related but now I think it's just him being a teenage git. It's been a bit difficult especially as I have to man handle him a lot for his treatment, I'm sure he's quite fed up.

Other than the piggy language thread (which I'm quite familiar with now!) is there anything else anyone can suggest? My mum is now quite apprehensive with him and as she's his main feeder while I'm at work it could become a problem.

Other than hanging him from his toes in my naughty pig dungeon I'm out of ideas! :))

That is probably the best idea! Go on .... Hang him from his toes! That'll teach him a lesson :lol!:.

Good to know you still have your sense of humour after all you, your wonderful Mum and of course Iggy have been through!

He has been through quite a lot reading your thread. It will take a while to get him less bitey I'm afraid. Just remember you have done all the best things for him to get him to this point. Don't get down hearted.

So with all my efforts to get Iggy better and loving him unconditionally, he's decided to thank me by biting me :))

I know when Bella was young she went through this phase. She came out of it fairly quickly and I did the normal "I'm the boss but I love you" guinea pig dominance techniques which she responded to well. So I'm doing the same for Iggy.

HOWEVER! Iggy just decides to bite me more, although he hasn't drawn blood.

Initially I thought it was pain related but now I think it's just him being a teenage git. It's been a bit difficult especially as I have to man handle him a lot for his treatment, I'm sure he's quite fed up.

Other than the piggy language thread (which I'm quite familiar with now!) is there anything else anyone can suggest? My mum is now quite apprehensive with him and as she's his main feeder while I'm at work it could become a problem.

Other than hanging him from his toes in my naughty pig dungeon I'm out of ideas! :))

Be firm with him and force his chin up. Tell your mum to do the same and tell him in unmistakeable piggy terms that he is a naughty boy and that his behaviour is simply not on. Some youngsters can be more persistent than others.

Thanks to you all! Yes he's been through a lot bless him, hasn't broken his spirit though! He's forever rumblestrutting thinking he owns the place :))

Yep I keep forcing his chin up, at my own peril! He had a good old nip at my nose yesterday the little sod XD

He was quite bemused at my attempt of rumbestrutting too! :lol!:

Oh yes got to keep a sense of humour! And I won't be letting a 600 gram fluffy monster be the boss of me thank you very much! Guess I'll just have to be persistent with him and hope I don't lose a chunk out of me nose :))

If all else fails, toe hanging it is! :box:

It was going okay until just now where he bit me several times and then twice on the face! Trying to force his chin up resulted in more bites and he wouldn't let me.

He didn't draw blood (but it did hurt!) and I know he's not a bad piggy, he's just a naughty boy.

Any suggestions?

Aww bless Dougal did this when we first got him - we thought it was because he was scared but then discovered he can just be a bit of a brat when he's in a mood.

As he has gotten a bit older his bites have turned to kisses and licking my hands and face I still get the occasional bite on the lip though!

I guess some of them are just bitey.

I would have loved to see the rumblestrutting escapade!

Have you tried biting him back? Your teeth are bigger than his. I'm joking obviously. :sly:. What a cheeky wee thing. Sorry I can't be more constructive.

Aww bless Dougal did this when we first got him - we thought it was because he was scared but then discovered he can just be a bit of a brat when he's in a mood.

As he has gotten a bit older his bites have turned to kisses and licking my hands and face I still get the occasional bite on the lip though!

I guess some of them are just bitey.

I would have loved to see the rumblestrutting escapade!

Yea he never used to be, but he's a teenager now and I'm pretty sure the little stinker is pushing his luck! My Bella grew out of it and responded to my dominance but Iggy refuses. Boys!

Have you tried biting him back? Your teeth are bigger than his. I'm joking obviously. :sly:. What a cheeky wee thing. Sorry I can't be more constructive.

Bite him back? I've told him that I'll eat him :)) Keep showing him the cooker but I don't think he cares XD

You could try showing him a long stick and the barbecue that might work!

Back