• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay/Grass

AntHog

New Born Pup
Reaction score
The glorious weather we had through May meant my two 20 week old sows have had plenty of lawn time. They've gorged and gorged on grass and have been extremely content. Now the weather has turned a bit wet they've been confined to their large hutch with bundles and bundles of hay...all of which they are refusing to eat! They're wheeking so much when I go near pleading with me for lawn time but it's just too wet. Does anyone else experience this when they have to reduce lawn time? Any advice on getting them back on to hay for a few days or case of if they're hungry enough they'll eat it? They have previously eaten plenty of hay whilst being introduced to the lawn!

They will hopefully eventually eat it again. Perhaps you could cut some grass and dry it thoroughly before giving it to them. Otherwise mine have never done that. Hopefully someone with more ideas will be along in good time.

I cut grass and either dry it in an old tea towel or spread on a sheet of newspaper when they can't go out to pick their own. They need to eat hay as well, it's a case of trying different ones until you find the one! Try scattering their pellets, grass, veggies in the hay.

Back