• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help ,i'm scared about my guinea pig's fur

Rennac

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So ,my girlfriend gave me this guinea pig on November 2017 and since then i've been taking good care of him since he's my first pet. I always researched on the internet before doing anything to him ,from food to actions. And then today i looked at him and he had this brownish stain where his white fur is supposed to be ,it's wet and it smells a bit like coffee even tho he didn't entered in contact with coffee. I've been told that it's his skin changing due to maturing and because it's summer here but i don't know ,i'm scared that it's something worse. It doesn't hurt him too.

Attachments

• 38532459_309863536255829_958093073571643392_n.jpg
    38532459_309863536255829_958093073571643392_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
Looks like a poo-stain to me. Does it come off if you wipe it gently with a damp cloth?

Welcome to the forum.
You sound like a really caring owner.
If it doesn’t come off when you wipe it gently as @Guineapigfeet suggested and you still feel concerned then take him to a vet.
It’s always better to be reassured.

I tried it and now it's yellowish ,the cloth is also a bith brownish

Hi & Welcome to our friendly form. If you are worried, pop him to the vet, better to have your worries tackled.
If your boy is by himself, you should have them in pairs. They are social animals. You could see if a rescue will bond him. Or have him neutered, & after 6 weeks pair him up a girlie.

Okay ,thanks for the help and support ,i'll try to find him a pair

I agree with everyone else, best to pop him to the vet for a check.

To me it really seems like he's just sat in poop and had a pee to make that stain.

I'd suggest just giving his butt a little wash and it should fade or go away :)

So ,my girlfriend gave me this guinea pig on November 2017 and since then i've been taking good care of him since he's my first pet. I always researched on the internet before doing anything to him ,from food to actions. And then today i looked at him and he had this brownish stain where his white fur is supposed to be ,it's wet and it smells a bit like coffee even tho he didn't entered in contact with coffee. I've been told that it's his skin changing due to maturing and because it's summer here but i don't know ,i'm scared that it's something worse. It doesn't hurt him too.
it's proble pee my guinea pigs get it all the time

Back