How Do Two Story C & C Cages Work?

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of ways to minimise space in the animal room and remembered lots of you have seperate pairs/groups of Pigs on seperate stories of C &C cages,

What I'm wondering is how do you secure the two floors so that it's safe?
I've used a loft in the past but that seems a little different to two actual full size cages?

And would this be idea for boars who live with seperate females to be on top of each other?
Right now there across the room from each other, but I don't want to unsettle each little family unit by doing this :)

So.. how do you make the cage safe for everyone, do you just use Correx as the floor or would I need to add something more stable between levels and would having my two groups which each contain a boar with his wife/wives on top of each other cause issues for them?

D

DM030819

I have a stacked C&C cage. It's a 2x7.

The bottom cage is on the floor, then there's a gap and the top one is about chest/waist height.

The top cage needs to have a bottom on it, so it has a layer of grids on the bottom. If it's a big cage then it can get a bit saggy so I have a few supports that run underneath the top cage from front to back. I use long pieces of wood, and I have a few metal pieces that I got from my last place of work. When it was a 2x6 it held itself together better and so I didn't need to use any downward support.

That probably makes no sense at all, as I've rubbish at describing it, so I'll take some photos of it later and post them so you can see what I've done.

eileen

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
i got my 2x6 stacking cage from c and c cages uk.they provide all the materials you need.ive had mine 2 years now,and i have four boars in the bottom cage,and Toby husboar and his 3 wives on the top cage.ive not had problems with my boars being near females,but they were all young when i got them and are very much used to sows being in the same room.the only pain i find is getting to the bottom cage,i use hemp bedding on the lower cage,and fleece liners on the top cage.i will see if i have some pics later.:)

flowerfairy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
The simplest way would be to have a c and c cage on a table or two and another c and cage unddr the table on the floor.