How To Flatten Rolled Correx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sas_kia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After a lot of research and lurking on this forum (lots of inspiration here!), I am now in the process of building a 5x2 C&C cage for my two girls.

The grids are connected, the bedding is ready - all I need to do is cut and score my Correx sheet. However, the Correx was delivered rolled to my workplace on Tuesday, and I did not unroll it until just now (Saturday) as I was saving building the cage for this weekend.

The Correx is now curled, and it seems too big for me to roll the other way (I don't want to snap it with forceful bending). It is 2.4m x 1.2m x 4mm.

Does anyone have tips for flattening it? Or do I have to leave it to flatten by itself?

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:D I had a sheet of Correx delivered rolled up (idiots!). I could not get it to lie flat at all, not even after cutting it to size and putting it under my mattress for a few days. Correx once it has been rolled up is useless. :td:

Caron's Cavies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After a lot of research and lurking on this forum (lots of inspiration here!), I am now in the process of building a 5x2 C&C cage for my two girls.

The grids are connected, the bedding is ready - all I need to do is cut and score my Correx sheet. However, the Correx was delivered rolled to my workplace on Tuesday, and I did not unroll it until just now (Saturday) as I was saving building the cage for this weekend.

The Correx is now curled, and it seems too big for me to roll the other way (I don't want to snap it with forceful bending). It is 2.4m x 1.2m x 4mm.

Does anyone have tips for flattening it? Or do I have to leave it to flatten by itself?
Sorry I cannot help with this problem but I do have 2 suggestions.

Can you ring the supplier and explain the problem to them and see if they can give you advice or without wanting to appear sexiest perhaps ask @Mark Harmon or @Tim who both do lots of work with making piggies cages etc and may know.

Apologies to anyone else who may know how to solve the problem (ladies included :D) who comes along.

Sas_kia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I was despairing a while ago after reading this, but I managed to flatten it!

I did it by gradually rolling it the other way. Difficult to explain, but I had it on the floor with the direction of roll towards the floor. I then sat on top, took one end and gradually rolled it towards me while shuffling along to the other end. Took a few times but it worked!

I've nearly finished scoring. Can't wait to cut it and see the finished cage :D

Caron's Cavies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry I cannot help with this problem but I do have 2 suggestions.

Can you ring the supplier and explain the problem to them and see if they can give you advice or without wanting to appear sexiest perhaps ask @Mark Harmon or @Tim who both do lots of work with making piggies cages etc and may know.

Apologies to anyone else who may know how to solve the problem (ladies included :D) who comes along.
:lol!: I actually meant to type sexist in the line above :doh:

Obviously not enough coffee to be fully awake so apologies for that typo as well. I am off for either more coffee or back to my bed for some more sleep :))

Member AR4

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hmm. I have never used correx before but you could try rolling it somewhat flat then score and fold the sides up to stop it rolling back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.