• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I really think I'll be saying goodbye sometime soon...

I'd get her checked out, people say only boars get bloat, but one of my girls has had it, never been the same, it's as if all her tummy muscles have gone & she has a saggy tummy.
I know the feeling, Lol.

So Honey is home, but I'm still concerned about her. This morning she was 750g, when I got her home and weighed her, she's 736g.

She's been fed 27ml of critical care at the vet and I was told she's been nibbling on hay and pellets today too.

The X-ray showed a potential bladder stone, however they couldn't quite see so are going to ask the main exotics vet there kate (the vet that did Honeys spay) on Monday.

She's been given pain relief, and I've been adviced to give her vitamin C supplements, so I'll will be getting them tomorrow.

She seems a bit brighter than she did this morning but I'm concerned about the additional weight loss, despite her being fed.

£110 later and I don't feel any more knowledgeable on anything 😪
Must be very frustrating but your vet sounds good so no new findings is probably good news! 14g loss just sounds like she peed on the vet or didnt like being away from home, please dont worry, just enjoy your time with her and try have a nice weekend until you see the expert x

Critical care in my experience can cause bloat,swallowing air when taking the syringe.also ive given 45mls of critical care at one feed and my piggie had severe bloat,so i give a maximum of 25mls in one feed.feed more frequently throughout the day if piggie is very unwell.i hope your piggie rallies round.:hug:

Oh I do hope the nurses were making sure there wasn't air in the syringe 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm trying to feed her a little more, but I'm not even sure if she's chewing, she chews for a bit then stops, but I don't feel like it would all be gone with the amount she's chewing 😪

Hope Honey improves. Holding her in my thoughts. xx

At 11.10 Honey was helped across the rainbow bridge. My heart is shattered. Right now I can barely form a sentence so I will produce an in depth rainbow bridge post, but I thought I should update you all. Honestyly thank you so much to everyone for all the incredible support, especially after the past 6 months. Just thank you 💖💖

Oh no! I had hoped she would really round again like she has before. This time the call from the Rainbow Bridge was too strong and with your help she is there now. She is out of pain now and playing Zoomies, popcorning and making new friends. Have a hug just cos you need one. :hug:x

Oh no! I had hoped she would really round again like she has before. This time the call from the Rainbow Bridge was too strong and with your help she is there now. She is out of pain now and playing Zoomies, popcorning and making new friends. Have a hug just cos you need one. :hug:x
I knew this morning we didn't have long, she's not suffering anymore and she was so ready to go. He wasn't moving, or lifting her head but when I lent down to kiss her head she snuggled into my neck and shoulder.

I'm so sorry to read this. You must be heartbroken. Honey is now free from pain and popcorning across that rainbow bridge to join all the other angel piggies. Big hugs to you. XX
RIP Honey. 💕

I'd get her checked out, people say only boars get bloat, but one of my girls has had it, never been the same, it's as if all her tummy muscles have gone & she has a saggy tummy.
I know the feeling, Lol.
My sow had bloat. I managed to get it gone within a couple of hours. Spinach caused it, only 2 leafs

At 11.10 Honey was helped across the rainbow bridge. My heart is shattered. Right now I can barely form a sentence so I will produce an in depth rainbow bridge post, but I thought I should update you all. Honestyly thank you so much to everyone for all the incredible support, especially after the past 6 months. Just thank you 💖💖
I'm so sorry to hear this, i just replyd to someone on the thread and didnt realise 😔. My thoughts are with you. I'm still a bit down about losing Abbi my gerbil, feeling all the what ifs. If you need any help just message us all ☺

Oh I'm so very sorry it was her time to go. We get so involved with their constant care, you feel at a loss not having to do that all the time, never mind the actual grieving itself. Sending hugs, popcorn free little Honey x

There's part of me feeling guilty about her ordeal today at the vets. Like her last day was spent alone with strangers. It's almost as if she stayed strong through the day to come home to me one more time and then it was just time to go. I really couldn't have done any more for her through. She just laid there, head down, legs stretched out, she looked comfortably ready. She was in my arms having a snuggle the whole way there, and the whole time she was in a snuggle blanket, her absolute favourite. The vet tonight actually said her bladder was very full, so she was no longer passing urine. I cannot explain to anyone how when I looked at her little face, she was so so so ready, she looked old and tired, and just lifeless by the end of the consultation, in the short time we were in there, I believe she was already passing. I'm so touched by her last free willed movement was towards me to give me one last cuddle. Guinea pigs truly are incredible.

I always feel guilty when I lose a pet, whether they've just passed by themselves or whether I've had to take them to the vets, which is usually the case. I'm trying to accept that guilt is a normal part of the grieving process for us - I always think 'what if ...' and similar thoughts. Honey knew your love, right until the very end and that is a precious memory to keep hold of. Try and be kind to yourself, although I know that is easier said than done. I had to have our 15 and 3/4 years old dog put to sleep on Tuesday, so I do understand partly what you're going through.

I always feel guilty when I lose a pet, whether they've just passed by themselves or whether I've had to take them to the vets, which is usually the case. I'm trying to accept that guilt is a normal part of the grieving process for us - I always think 'what if ...' and similar thoughts. Honey knew your love, right until the very end and that is a precious memory to keep hold of. Try and be kind to yourself, although I know that is easier said than done. I had to have our 15 and 3/4 years old dog put to sleep on Tuesday, so I do understand partly what you're going through.
It really is the hardest part of owning an animal. You build such a bond with them, and then one day it's gone. She helped me through grieving for Treacle and my dog Crystal passing, and now she isn't here through grief again and it's just weird. Her and Willows cage looks so empty. Absolutely heartbroken.

Back