• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I really think I'll be saying goodbye sometime soon...

I am so so sorry, you couldn't of tried any harder to keep Honey with you & she tried her best to stay with you. In the end it wasn't possible. Don't feel Guilty you know you tried so hard. She loved you so much.
Love to you dannif, Honey, sleep tight

Hi There,
I have just read about Honey, my heart goes out to you and Honey thinking of you both. It doesn't matter what size our pets are they are so precious to us. You are doing your best for Honey. A big hug to you and honey.

Sorry for your loss and so sad to read of Honey's passing. I can understand how you feel, I lost my George in November after caring for him for 6 months with meds and top up feeds. You form such a strong bond with them.
You tried so hard for her but sometimes the call of the rainbow bridge is just to strong.
Sending hugs to you and Willow.
Sleep tight little Honey.xx

I just came to catch up with this thread and saw that you have list your beautiful Honey.
I am so very sorry.
Even when part of you knows the end is near it is still devastating to lose a beloved piggy.
Be gentle with yourself and allow yourself time to grieve

I'm so very sorry for your loss.you did your upmost.referring to bloat please do not worry no air would be in syringe,just some piggies naturally swallow air when cc fed.thinking of you at this very sad time.:hug:

((HUGS.)) It's hard watching animals age and decline, especially since the life cycles of little guys are so quick compared to our own. It seems like just yesterday they were little fluffballs popcorning around and suddenly they are old ladies and gents. :(

I've only just seen a lot of the recent wishes on this post. When I posted this I knew I didn't have long, but just 1 week later she was gone.
As this thread and others I've made for Honey she just kept bouncing back. But the "blips" were getting worse, and more and more frequent. I thought I'd prepared myself, but it's just not possible. The bond I had with this little old lady was second to none. She trusted me like a best friend would. Whilst the other pigs would scurry at a loud noise, maybe a sneeze or something, she would stay put in the hay rack looking confused at what all the fuss was about. It's so bizarre, she was the quietest pig, no squeak anymore, that was lost years ago, but since her passing, it seems so quiet. She was such a bit part of this household. Even my dad who doesn't have much to do with my piggies (he just kind of lets me do my thing🤣) was a big fan of Honey, and I know he would often come into my room and speak to Honey and you'd always get a head lift from her and she'd stroll over to you, with the big wide eyes looking up at you, and if you put your finger infront of her, be sure to receive a kiss.

Update on Willow: she is neighbours with Lois and Laine, and it's made her grief resolve itself a lot quicker than it would otherwise. If anyone saw my "bonding a trio" thread, I tried putting Willow with my pair, and she was submissively squeaking, to then retaliating with what I believe to be fear aggression, and so Lois and Laine reacted back. There was a lot of being up on hind legs and showing teeth so I stopped the bonding, however, now they are side by side, and with some time, I'm hoping to get Willow a husboar, and hopefully in the long run, make a 3 sow, 1 boar, little herd.
For the meantime Willow is holding up well, getting back on with survival.

Thank you once again to everyone

So sorry :( Just seen her RB thread.

Sending lots to love you you and little Willow x

So sorry for your loss, despite there size they always leave a massive dent in our hearts. Honey sounded like an amazing character and she truly knew she was loved and cared for.
This all a pig could want, that and vegetables of course, glad her friend is doing well.

Time is always a great healer, you did everything you could and more - Sleep well Honey!

Back