• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I'm worried that my Guinea's are sick, but i cant that them to the vet.

Cassidyk

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 almost 5 year old female Guinea pigs, one is a short haired Guinea pig and the other is a long haired. While cleaning their cage a checking them, I noticed that both of them have crusty noses and crust eyes. After cleaning the crust off them I saw that the long haired one wasn't walking much, Both of them are eating very well. I would love to take them to the vet but I dont have enough money to take them there, and there are also non near that can help them. Is there anything that I can do to help them?

I am sorry that your piggies seem poorly but they really do need to see a vet. Only a vet is able to diagnose the problem and prescribe the correct treatment.
Is there a family member or friend you can borrow some money from, could you as the vet for a payment plan?

Weigh your piggies each day to ensure they are eating enough hay but they really do need to see a vet

I have 2 almost 5 year old female Guinea pigs, one is a short haired Guinea pig and the other is a long haired. While cleaning their cage a checking them, I noticed that both of them have crusty noses and crust eyes. After cleaning the crust off them I saw that the long haired one wasn't walking much, Both of them are eating very well. I would love to take them to the vet but I dont have enough money to take them there, and there are also non near that can help them. Is there anything that I can do to help them?

Please read the link here re. payment support options in various countries: A guide to vets fees, insurance and payment support.

Crusty noses and eyes are usually a sign of a well developed respiratory infection, which can kill or permanently damage if left untreated. It will need a course of antibiotics to get on top of it, which are prescription-only in most countries so you will need to see a vet.
Pleae accept that we cannot diagnose remotely and cannot replace any necessary vet visits.

Good luck and I hope whatever it is is caught quickly. Let us know how you get on.

Back