• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Imaverol Help

Piggies2023

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi. So my two guinea pigs have got ringworm. If I used imaverol every 3 days do I still need to apply cream etc? I've read the thread on ringworm but I can't get the oral medication from my vets, they don't tend to offer it.

How do you wash them with imaverol properly without getting it in their eyes and ears please?

Hi. So my two guinea pigs have got ringworm. If I used imaverol every 3 days do I still need to apply cream etc? I've read the thread on ringworm but I can't get the oral medication from my vets, they don't tend to offer it.

How do you wash them with imaverol properly without getting it in their eyes and ears please?

Hi!

Use a cotton bud and gently dab the imaverol on; make sure that it still gets to the hair roots in the area surrounding an acute patch. That is where ringworm usually sits and why all infected hairs need to come out so it is going to look worse before it gets better. Be aware that any dip can make the eyes swell if you apply too much. That also goes for any creaming too close to the eye; use the cream only very lightly in a very thin film if I you wish to.
Continue bathing and drying on until there are no longer any fungal exudate crusts forming on the affected patches.

I am very sorry that your vet won't prescribe itrafungol - it is so much less hassle and so much safer, especially when you have ringworm close to the eye or ear or have it already in spreading in several places.

Be careful not touch yourself automatically until after you have thoroughly washed your hands and cream any areas you are aware that you have touched. That is how owners usually pick up ringworm - typically around the neck or face; the arms or bare legs.

All the best!

Hi!

Use a cotton bud and gently dab the imaverol on; make sure that it still gets to the hair roots in the area surrounding an acute patch. That is where ringworm usually sits and why all infected hairs need to come out so it is going to look worse before it gets better. Be aware that any dip can make the eyes swell if you apply too much. That also goes for any creaming too close to the eye; use the cream only very lightly in a very thin film if I you wish to.
Continue bathing and drying on until there are no longer any fungal exudate crusts forming on the affected patches.

I am very sorry that your vet won't prescribe itrafungol - it is so much less hassle and so much safer, especially when you have ringworm close to the eye or ear or have it already in spreading in several places.

Be careful not touch yourself automatically until after you have thoroughly washed your hands and cream any areas you are aware that you have touched. That is how owners usually pick up ringworm - typically around the neck or face; the arms or bare legs.

All the best!
Thank you. How often do you bathe and apply the imaverol please? Is it every three days or does it need to be more often?

Back