• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Important- Are These Toys Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCavySlave

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I recently bought these and want to make sure they're not going to hurt my babies (sorry for the huge pics):

915s04FLTzL._SL1500_.jpg
61XVxCUHwAL._SL1181_.jpg

The house is made from card, covered in hay and the top is dried carrot

The cottage will be well remember even when its finally met its end at the teeth of your guinea pig's. Like Vicki posted, that thread is full of other carrot cottages and what happened when they found new homes with excited guinea pigs :cool:.
The ball is mentioned in this thread Potentially Dangerous Cage Accessories And Toys and looks like its a bad toy :(
(the cottage will make up for the loss of the ball)

I have not had problems with the ball but the boys only use it when supervised and aren't chewers.Carrot Cottages are a piggy favourite :)

I recently bought these and want to make sure they're not going to hurt my babies (sorry for the huge pics):

915s04FLTzL._SL1500_.jpg
61XVxCUHwAL._SL1181_.jpg

The house is made from card, covered in hay and the top is dried carrot
The house is fine.
The ball can be dangerous, I think it's on the list of dangerous toys

Ooh dear...will approach with caution. You just never know with these things. Still, it does depend whether they chew it or not...
On the bright side, they do love nibbling the houses :love:and I will post pictures! The boys told me they're only nibbling so avidly because the door needs widening..hmm...:hmm::P

Gahh! Carrot cottage demolition...my girls are getting one off their human dad for Christmas, and I will probably get them another Seagrass tunnel as they chewed the last one to little bits...and possibly a piggy stocking...and more fleecy cosies...and some gnaws...

I seem to spend most of my money on the piggies...a C&C 2x5 cage, fleecy cosies, packets of hay, new chubs, more hay, substrate and incontinence pads (puppy pads get too saturated - currently trying them out in the pen), hay, hanging gnaws...next month it's more fleece and vet fund.

BTW I am not trying out the incontinence pads, the piggies are...

And that above post was for this month. I hate getting things for me, but the girlies...woah, no problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back