Indoor Cage Size?

lucyr

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What is a suitable indoor cage size for 4 guinea pigs? I cannot seem to find one suitable for 4 on the pets at home website, the largest indoor one was 50x120x58cm. Any suggestions of where could I get one big enough?

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Or you could always join a few pet store cages together. Zooplus is a good website to check for cages and much much cheaper than pets at home.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Linking Two Ferplast Cages Here is an old thread discussing joining cages together. Hope this helps. I have c&c cages and love them but understand not all people like them.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I had 4 piggies (until recently when 4 became 5!) and they are in a C&C cage. They're great and so adaptable. I think they're the best way of doing it for plenty of space especially for more than 2 piggies. You need a massive amount of space and sadly store cages are barely big enough for 2 let alone 4. I guess you could join some together, I've heard the Midwest cages are good and you can join 2 together which would be big enough for 4 :)

Some people dislike them because you have to put it together yourself but I'm not exactly a DIY goddess and I did mine easily so it's really not too hard :)

Reenie

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Have a look at the thread of members home made cages in housing forum(sorry can't do a link on this device) you'll get some great ideas there

Julie M

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
4E318E54-5D36-4085-8FBA-E76C685CC07E.jpeg Here is one of my cages it is a c&c cage. (Cubes & correx) if you search YouTube for “how to build a c&c cage” it should give you videos which will give you a better idea.

eileen

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
you can get a feraplast 160cm x 80cm,but that is the biggest commercial cage ive seen.c and c cages are better,or maybe another diy idea .

Hath

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I don't use C&C as I have multi pet household and wouldn't feel comfortable keeping vulnerable piggies in them (Don't trust the C&C with lid on either). I only have a pair indoors, other pair is in shed convert piggie house.
So it's depending on what your household is like, what space you have. You'll find C&C on sale sites,too.

lucyr

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice! I think I’ll have to pass on the C&C cages as I have cats and dogs, but I’ve got a good idea of sizing now and the zooplus website looks promising.

Lorcan

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feel like I'm forever plugging the Midwest here and I swear it's not just because I have two boars in two Midwest cages joined together, honest! But the Midwest also has a detachable lid - Midwest Top Panel for Guinea Habitat – Next Day Delivery Midwest Top Panel for Guinea Habitat (though the actual Midwest isn't available on that site, sadly). You couldn't fit four piggies into one Midwest since it's 2ft x 4ft, but if you've got the room you can slot more than one cage together, two three or even four.

randomname

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What is a suitable indoor cage size for 4 guinea pigs? I cannot seem to find one suitable for 4 on the pets at home website, the largest indoor one was 50x120x58cm. Any suggestions of where could I get one big enough?
I find this Outback Springtime Wooden Run large| Free P&P £29+ at zooplus! a great size for 4, it's what my guys have. I mean, who needs a couch, tv or a living room, right? ;) You could paint it with pet safe paint to match your decor too :)

Edit : I use flattened cardboard boxes as a base, with a layer of newspaper & substrate on top to save the floor. Works great for me.