• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is my guinea pig in shock? PARALYSED, HIGH ALERT but still BREATHING

maiyonnais

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guineapig was making some noise in the early morning, but I didn't think much of it. Later when I checked her cage, she was PARALYSED though still breathing... it appears one of her front legs has been immobile... my parents are refusing to take my pig to the vet..

Could she possibly be in SHOCK? How can I help my guinea pig?

You must go the emergency vet immediately, also if you are old enough to have an account here on the forum then surely you are old enough to take your own pet to the vet? I hope your piggy will be ok...

You must go the emergency vet immediately, also if you are old enough to have an account here on the forum then surely you are old enough to take your own pet to the vet? I hope your piggy will be ok...
We live in an area where it is in lockdown, I don't know how to drive so that's the problem there... thank you though!

I'm so sorry for your loss, what a terrible shock that must have been for you. Be gentle to yourself as you grieve.
Popcorn free over the rainbow bridge little girl 💕🌈

I'm very sorry for your loss, and sorry I didnt fully appreciate why you could not travel to the vet. We get many under age posters here so get a bit suspicious when people say they need parental help, so I'm sorry if I appeared insensitive x

I'm sorry for your loss. We've also had some difficult situations in this country with lockdowns and practices having to send half their vets home to isolate 'just in case'. If it was not a fall or an attack with physical injury to her leg, another possibility is that piggies can actually have a stroke and they don't need to be that old for it to happen. Sometimes they can survive this and sometimes not. Your girl was at least at home and in familiar surroundings when she passed. Take care of yourself, you and your girl will be our thoughts and prayers x

Back