• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is this a sign of dominance?

Erinmartinx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Evening everyone, I’ve just had my 2 female guinea pigs out for a run around and noticed that one of them seemed to purposely try and wee on the other. She lifted her legs up and everytime the other one tried to run away she’d run back and do it again. Is this normal. I’ve never seen them do it before.
TIA

Evening everyone, I’ve just had my 2 female guinea pigs out for a run around and noticed that one of them seemed to purposely try and wee on the other. She lifted her legs up and everytime the other one tried to run away she’d run back and do it again. Is this normal. I’ve never seen them do it before.
TIA

Hi! It is a rather strongly worded very literal 'p*ss off'. Sows do this quite commonly if mostly with keeping over-eager 'husboars' off. But they also do it with other sows. there is however no worry about a failing bond; it is in the milder range of behaviours.

I would expect one of your sows coming into a stronger season soon.
Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)
When Sows Experience A Strong Season (videos)
Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics (see chapter for mixed gender bondings)

Back