• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is this food chart accurate?

AlphaUrd13

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I have been a G piggy mommy for almost 2 months and the research never ends when it comes to my piggies' health and diet and always stumble upon new website offering a variety of info. Some tend to clash with info on other sites so I figured starting a thread here and asking for help would be a good idea.

Guinea Pig food list

I was a bit excited since this link offers comprehensive information of each food and possible effects/which parts are safer to eat and also a list of toxic food. Does it look accurate enough for me to plan my piggies' meals with it?

I have used this in the past when I wasn't sure what was piggy safe or not. I think it is a bit out of date though as it says you can feed iceberg lettuce which is not recommended as it has a high water content and no nutritional value for your pigs and can give them squidgy poops or even diarrhoea if given.

I have used this in the past when I wasn't sure what was piggy safe or not. I think it is a bit out of date though as it says you can feed iceberg lettuce which is not recommended as it has a high water content and no nutritional value for your pigs and can give them squidgy poops or even diarrhoea if given.
true, I did notice the iceberg lettuce tip and at this point I'm aware of the common big-No food for piggies. Thank you!

My advice is .... don't over google :)) The more you google different sites, the more inconsistencies you will get .

This is my "go to" thread ....

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets
loool agree, but double-checking has been second nature to me and I wanna treat my piggies as best as possible especially since one of them turned out to be pregnant and due in around 2 weeks. Thank you so much for the link, I just went and skimmed thru it and will save it as reference for future use

Back