• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Just wondering what the rest of the world thinks...

I can't post my feelings on this, but, ye gods - we must be diverging into two seperate species.
When I saw the photos, it's like a one stop shop protests for all, i.e. there's flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, anti-masks people, anti 5G peeps, etc. I can't comprehend it. 😬

When you believe that science is a matter of opinion, all things become possible - most of those movements were just started by very clever people as a joke, but now they're quasi-religions.
I'm just speechless about these stuff at times. I was telling my hubby that I'm thankful he wasn't any of those types of people. 😂

I'm just speechless about these stuff at times. I was telling my hubby that I'm thankful he wasn't any of those types of people. 😂

The anti-vaccine lot have been around ever since Jenner, but it only became more widespread with the disgraced, dismissed, former Dr Wakefield, who is now a millionaire living in the US that helps to propagate this. Vaccines are not entirely safe, people react to different treatments differently, and a tiny percentage will have very negative reaction, it's the genetic lottery that dictates most illness - which they capitalise on, and it's why, however pressing the need, I believe that we shouldn't expedite any potential COVID treatment beyond safety margins as it'll just prove their theory.

I was talking to the girls who were doing the online shopping in Tesco this morning. They said that if they are on the Carts doing someone else's shopping they didn't have to wear a mask. However if they were doing their own shopping they did. 🤔 Where's the sense in that?!? Can someone please explain the difference cos I certainly don't understand!

I was talking to the girls who were doing the online shopping in Tesco this morning. They said that if they are on the Carts doing someone else's shopping they didn't have to wear a mask. However if they were doing their own shopping they did. 🤔 Where's the sense in that?!? Can someone please explain the difference cos I certainly don't understand!

Well, that is bizarre ....

I can fully sympathise, that although it may not be rational, sometimes we find ourselves in a battle with our emotions to do the right thing, for instance, and it's silly I still have a fear of clowns.
I'm so glad this isn’t just me (at age 33), running joke in my family where they’ve tortured me with clown teddies in my bed and all sorts the nasty buggers, blooming hate the things! Think ‘IT’ might have also been my issue, just freak me! :yikes:

My friend works in a shop and says that he doesn't have to wear a mask only the customers do! How stupid is that?!? It's either everyone in a shop has to wear masks or no-one.
I saw something saying shop workers didn't need to wear them because otherwise they'd have to wear them for 4 hours at a time

I've just taken mine off for "lunch" 8 hours after it went on...

:) it's okay, I'm sure the cognitive dissonance is kicking in now, it's difficult to explain away the postulation of abolishing free elections, but be warned two of us are operating without restraint now, think The Battle of Cable Street, and how it's remembered in British history.

My loyalty is to the Crown, not a tangerine petty dictator abroad.

Mandated here too. Can't get into a shop without one. Personally I will do anything to get to the end of this pandemic. It's worth a shot and if it turns out ineffective, no harm done.

Precisely, a minor inconvenience - with the potential that it makes a difference, it's amazing how different the attitude can be across two NA countries.

If a mask stops one other person from the horrific grief of a loss then it is a minor inconvenience to wear one for the short time you need to indoors

In most of the shops I have been to in Wolves, staff are wearing them too unless behind massive screens on check outs, then that is protecting you and them from droplets.

I am most pleased to see people in them, having known to people with this virus and sadly my wife lost a colleague to this disease any precautions that can make a marginal gain are worth it.

The science is clear, anything that stops someone saliva from receives another persons face will rescue risk. Believe me we all need the risk reducing.

The U.K. is now struggling with the effects of a mixed weak message and opening up too much to soon.
IMO pubs should be closed, alcohol and people in close proximity is a recipe for exponential growth.
Close pubs, support the owners and employees until we get though this and then you can begin to think about opening schools.

I wore a mask shopping yesterday for the first time. Had a massive panic attack just as I thought it was going to be okay, managed to get out of the shop and got the mask off quick. I think I would have been okay if the queue to pay hadn't taken so long.

I wore a mask shopping yesterday for the first time. Had a massive panic attack just as I thought it was going to be okay, managed to get out of the shop and got the mask off quick. I think I would have been okay if the queue to pay hadn't taken so long.

Tuesday's gonna be my big test. When I was at the hospital the other week I was with someone at all times until I was in the taxi home and then it was a quick 3 minute "run into shop and get cash out and a bottle of Pepsi", and the social worker was with me at my outpatients appointment Tuesday past. So this Tuesday's gonna be my first time out with a mask on on my own and honestly, the thought ain't fun.

Everyone has to wear a mask @Lorcan it's not fun but nobody will laugh at you (if that's what you're worried about). It feels strange first of all but you soon get used to it. The taxi driver last night advised in order to stop glasses steaming up clean them, then rub washing up liquid in them, leave for a few minutes to dry then shine them up. This is fine of course, if your eyesight is good enough to see to actually clean your glasses! He was only trying to be helpful though bless him.

Everyone has to wear a mask @Lorcan it's not fun but nobody will laugh at you (if that's what you're worried about). It feels strange first of all but you soon get used to it. The taxi driver last night advised in order to stop glasses steaming up clean them, then rub washing up liquid in them, leave for a few minutes to dry then shine them up. This is fine of course, if your eyesight is good enough to see to actually clean your glasses! He was only trying to be helpful though bless him.

Unfortunately people laughing at me are the least of my worries. To get into my GP surgery I have to hit a buzzer, wait for reception to answer it at the other end, then hit the buzzer again to speak. The angle everything is at makes that difficult with my glasses on, without...well. It's doable, but it's not going to comfortable at all.

Back