• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Just wondering what the rest of the world thinks...

I think my biggest problem has been feeling guilty. I put the mask on and have to take off my sunglasses otherwise it looks like I'm about ready to rob the place :))

:) Well, if it helps, I walked into the main Lloyds branch in Wolves during the 'Beast from the East' wearing a balaclava, they didn't bat an eye - but I was wearing a suit - and I was cashing a cheque, I only realised in retrospect it probably wasn't a great idea, but sod it, it was freezing.

:) Well, if it helps, I walked into the main Lloyds branch in Wolves during the 'Beast from the East' wearing a balaclava, they didn't bat an eye - but I was wearing a suit - and I was cashing a cheque, I only realised in retrospect it probably wasn't a great idea, but sod it, it was freezing.
F7238AF1-84EE-4CC1-B51B-EC6652C6EB2B.jpeg

I popped on to Reddit last night, and although it's by no means representative, there was a thread there that essentially went:

What does the rest of the world think about the US at the moment

Most of the replies were:

- Well, sorry, we like you as people, but erm - it's going to take 20 years to repair the damage, you really are a laughing stock.

I know People are saying masks are only a bit of material, man up and just wear them but honestly I get so panicky and hot wearing one that I just rush into the shop, grab what I need, and rush out again.

I know People are saying masks are only a bit of material, man up and just wear them but honestly I get so panicky and hot wearing one that I just rush into the shop, grab what I need, and rush out again.
Fine if you can rush in and out again, we have to queue for ages here to pay. I've only been in a shop once since masks became compulsory. I nearly blacked out in the queue waiting to pay and had a panic attack. At some point I will have to shop again but I really don't want to.

So the governor of Kentucky just mandated that people have to wear masks in public places, it was optional before. I have been wearing a mask all along and have only been going out when necessary. Some people are freaking out about the government forcing them to wear a mask and there is a lot of tension between people over it (not to mention the racial tension going on here, it’s all a mess). Anyway I was just wondering if people in different countries are refusing to wear masks.
I'm from Michigan and its been really bad here since it started in March. We were on lockdown until mid-june and since we've reopened the cases are slowly rising again. I wouldn't be surprised if we went on another lockdown especially with the fall weather soon rolling in. Many people aren't taking it as seriously as they should unless they've been personally affected by it. We've been required to wear masks here from the very beginning, but it's getting annoying. I only wear them when I go into stores. The whole thing with wearing them in restaurants and taking them off once seated (only to still breath the air from people around you, even at 50% capacity) is ridiculous and contradicts itself. Here, you have some people who wear them as little as possible and others who wear them all the time including in the car along with gloves (which is literally cross contamination). There are different levels to the fear of COVID-19 here and that's where the disagreements and arguing typically starts!

I popped on to Reddit last night, and although it's by no means representative, there was a thread there that essentially went:

What does the rest of the world think about the US at the moment

Most of the replies were:

- Well, sorry, we like you as people, but erm - it's going to take 20 years to repair the damage, you really are a laughing stock.

As someone who didnt think she could be more ashamed after george w bush.....I'm at the point where saying sorry to the world isnt enough.

My friend works in a shop and says that he doesn't have to wear a mask only the customers do! How stupid is that?!? It's either everyone in a shop has to wear masks or no-one.
I work in Tesco and we have to wear a mask or those face shields. It’s uncomfortable but needs must. My worry is that people don’t seem to care about the social distancing anymore.

My daughter is 15 years old.
She started her apprenticeship 2 weeks ago.
She leaves the house at 7am for a 40 minute commute and wears a mask the entire time.
She walks to work (10 mins) without a mask.
She works from 8am until 5:30pm with a 1 hour lunch break, and apart from that 1 hour she wears a mask and gloves the entire time.
She also wears one on her 40 minute commute home.
She doesn't love it and the first week was tough, but she does it because she has to.
I never envisioned my 15 year old would be wearing a mask and gloves for 10+ hours a day, but there you have it.

I work in Tesco and we have to wear a mask or those face shields. It’s uncomfortable but needs must. My worry is that people don’t seem to care about the social distancing anymore.

It's odd but here in Leicester I go to Tesco. They have a one way system but no one pays attention and no one makes an effort to socially distance. I go to Sainsbury's and pay more for worse quality food, there's no one way system but everyone socially distances. Maybe it's the areas the supermarkets are in but I can't believe the difference

It's odd but here in Leicester I go to Tesco. They have a one way system but no one pays attention and no one makes an effort to socially distance. I go to Sainsbury's and pay more for worse quality food, there's no one way system but everyone socially distances. Maybe it's the areas the supermarkets are in but I can't believe the difference
Its definitely an area thing I think. There was a one way system but it was removed a couple of weeks ago. Most did follow it but some didn’t even bother trying. And some didn’t follow social distancing rules either, when they were being driven home at every turn.

I was once changing a label on the bottom section. I was kneeling and someone came and stood right next to me to get something on an upper shelf. 🤷🏾‍♀️ I moved and let her finish then continued. I used to (still do) let people get what they want then continue.

Actually, I once saw a woman buying coffee. She touched one pack, then another, and another...then another...all of the same type...and she didn’t end up buying it!

Sorry diverged. I don’t shop in Sainsbury’s at all. There’s Lidl and aldi on the way there. Perhaps try going during the quieter times. Otherwise people will continue 🤷🏾‍♀️

Its definitely an area thing I think. There was a one way system but it was removed a couple of weeks ago. Most did follow it but some didn’t even bother trying. And some didn’t follow social distancing rules either, when they were being driven home at every turn.

I was once changing a label on the bottom section. I was kneeling and someone came and stood right next to me to get something on an upper shelf. 🤷🏾‍♀️ I moved and let her finish then continued. I used to (still do) let people get what they want then continue.

Actually, I once saw a woman buying coffee. She touched one pack, then another, and another...then another...all of the same type...and she didn’t end up buying it!

Sorry diverged. I don’t shop in Sainsbury’s at all. There’s Lidl and aldi on the way there. Perhaps try going during the quieter times. Otherwise people will continue 🤷🏾‍♀️

Yes the touching everything! Last time I went I quickly grabbed a cucumber as there was a woman wearing gloves but no mask touching all of them to decide which one she wanted!

The whole picking things up and putting them down again is the reason I refuse to go shopping. I'll go to the garage sure even though it's impossible to socially distance because the place is so small and you can't tell how many people are there before you go in...but with no glasses on, I can't see what the hell I'm looking at on a shelf unless I'm practically breathing on it. And obviously picking it up to bring it close to my face to see it is a bad idea.

It's all so...awkward.

The whole picking things up and putting them down again is the reason I refuse to go shopping. I'll go to the garage sure even though it's impossible to socially distance because the place is so small and you can't tell how many people are there before you go in...but with no glasses on, I can't see what the hell I'm looking at on a shelf unless I'm practically breathing on it. And obviously picking it up to bring it close to my face to see it is a bad idea.

It's all so...awkward.
It’s different for you if you can’t see. Is it your glasses aren’t the correct prescription? Sorry I can’t remember 😬

Glove wearing is also a little bit of a false sense of security. I’ve seen people get into cars wearing their gloves that they used to touch things in the shop...

@Swissgreys what a well grounded daughter you have.

Back