• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

LunarAndCosmos

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Lunar was a beautiful ginger American guinea pig. She was always bouncy and energetic and she loved her sister, Cosmos.

Recently, she had started losing weight and she seemed quieter. We took her to a vet to try and get a diagnosis; originally we thought it could've been an oral or dental problem. This wasn't the case. She was 3 1/2 when she died, so is it safe to assume that she was getting old?

Anyway, upon discovering her this morning, she wasn't necessarily stiff, nor cold, so we think she may have passed away sometime around 5:30am. It came as a shock to me, despite knowing she was probably getting old.

We are grateful that now she is happier and, although she was given painkillers, probably pain-free.

A few months before, her sister Cosmos underwent a surgery to remove a rumour behind her arm. She is a fighter so after less than a week of recovery, she was back on her feet and as energetic as always.
It's safe to say that - like her sister - Lunar was a fighter and we are so impressed and proud of her for hanging on as long as she did. We miss her so much already and our love goes out to that precious tyke wherever she is.

Recently she was so tame. She used to be as little rascal; she would pee in the middle of as cuddle, probably for her own amusement. She would love to explore all parts of your neck, despite having seen the back of it many times before anyway. She could never stay for a cuddle for any longer than 15 minutes before needing to fidget. She was always trying to explore every inch on the house when they came inside. We will always remember her for these values, but we will also remember her for her affection and empathetic personality, her desire to make the humans laugh, her fitness regime of sprinting 5 laps round her garden cage thrice daily, and her appetite.
She was a gorgeous little girl, and she will always have a special place in my heart as my little Lunar.

We are looking for a companion for Cosmos as we speak. We want nothing more than for her to have a friend to be around and to tell things to. We hope Lunar's passing hasn't hurt Cosmos too much, she is a blessed little guinea pig.

I'm had to end this little ode here, as the waterworks kicked in again.
It would be amazing if some of you could leave a couple words for Lunar; I appreciate you didn't know her, but she loved meeting new people so a few strangers wishing her good luck would have really made her day.

Have an amazing day everyone,

The proud owner of Lunar and Cosmos x

Attachments

• DSC_0273.JPG
    DSC_0273.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
((HUGS))- I'm so sorry for your loss! It sounds as though you did everything you could to help her by getting vet care- unfortunately issues in guinea pigs can be tricky to diagnose at times, as they are so good at hiding illnesses. I can tell by your tribute to her that she was obviously much loved. Rest in peace, Lunar... godspeed little piggie!

I am so sorry for your loss.
3 1/2 years is not old but she sounds as if she was poorly so you definitely did the right thing in getting her veterinary help and as freela said, sometimes it is hard to find out what is going on.
Popcorn free Lunar

I’m so sorry to hear about Luna - she sounds like an amazing pig with a wonderful personality.... and the words you wrote about her are so nice- such a lovely tribute. Gorgeous picture of her too. Take care x

I am really sorry about your loss. Mine passed away a day ago, remember to be gentle with yourself just like Merab said. May she rest in peace and sleep tight.

I am really sorry about your loss. Mine passed away a day ago, remember to be gentle with yourself just like Merab said. May she rest in peace and sleep tight.
I am very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that yours lived a wonderful life. Hopefully the Rainbow Bridge will guide them.

Reactions: Cal
Thank you and hopefully it does and hopefully it does for yours as well.

Back