• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Male guinea pig white substance in anal area

Prasiddha

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,
Please help. My guinea pig icy (8 months old) is recovered from his URI. When I was weighing him today I found a white smelly mucus like this in his anal area below his penis. What could it be? Can I clean if with q tip dipped in coconut oil or should I take him to the vet? Please help

It is probably boar glue. I'm pretty sure it's ejaculation or some kind of lubricant. It's best if you clean it right away before it dries. When it dries it becomes super hard to get off of stuff and when in the genitals, it's hard and probably painful to remove.

The white smelly stuff is smegma. You can clean it off easily with warm water with a bit of piggy shampoo (I use gorgeous guineas) and a cotton ear bud or two.

Yes!

Just to ask if anyone would know what my guinea pig might have? She has lost hair on top of her eye and its very crusty what should i do?

The white smelly stuff is smegma. You can clean it off easily with warm water with a bit of piggy shampoo (I use gorgeous guineas) and a cotton ear bud or two.
Thank you 😊

Wow-glad I read this thread. New to boys and their joys :-). Thank you for posting and helping a new boar owner.

Yes!

Just to ask if anyone would know what my guinea pig might have? She has lost hair on top of her eye and its very crusty what should i do?
Suggest a trip to the vet for proper diagnosis.
As suggested, post a separate thread then we won’t lose track of who’s who with which issue and so can support you properly.
Welcome to the forum

Back