• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

Hello!
This is my C&C cage, it is a 2x5 and using vet bed with towels underneath. Purchased from Guinea Pigs Australia (vetbed & grids) and the towels Kmart.
This cage is home to male guinea pigs, Jeffery and Sonic. They have two houses, two tunnels, two food bowls and two waters.
They have a toilet tray (never used as one) and instead using as a hay holder. I did have a hay rack but found it made a huge mess on the vet bed and decided to try something else. Suggestions are more than welcome, Hoping to get a loft soon :D.
Cleaning wise its pretty easy, vacuum twice a day (morning & night) and then a big clean out and vetbed/towel change every Saturday and just put them, into the wash.

16709343_10154990663474004_881571737_o.jpg

image.jpeg
Not exactly a home-made cage, but not really a commercial one either!

My piggies have two outdoor wooden runs (from someone who sells them on eBay) which are lined with Correx and fleece. The nearest cage is currently occupied by 3 girls and 2 babies. The far cage will be baby Marmalade's when he's big enough to leave his mum (and I'll fill it with hideys etc then). The longer term plan will be for Marmalade to be neutered, and then live with the 4 girls. At that point, I'll remove the dividing wall and have one big cage for them.

The front cage is 180x90cm, and the back one 150x90. All really easy to clean. I sweep every day and then put the fleece liners in the wash every 3-4 days. I don't even use anything under the fleece, as nothing ever seems to leak through!

Hi all,

We have finally upgraded from standard C&C stacked up cages to something more sturdy and space saving, yet bigger ! I thought I'll share in case someone else want more space and struggles to build wooden habitats ( we rent so we need to be able to take cage down if need to move and this fits the bull). IMG_3792.JPG Love their new habitats. They're are 2.5X5 C&C grids each.

In near future we would like to build proper door to the front which will be with use of Perspex, but that's going to have to wait since it's expensive and the base of the cage wasn't cheap either ;)

This is my newest c&c cage. At the moment I have a neutered boar and a sow on the bottom in a 3 x 3 and a single boar at the top in a 1 x 3. I will be extending his cage soon to a 2 x 3 whilst I try and work out what to do with him. He will possibly be neutered soon and move in with my sister's sow Snow White as he doesn't seem to get on with any other boars. I am also worried about having him live with another boar so close to my sow.
I am loving having them off the floor and they seem to like it too. Since I took this photo I have changed on of the plastic grids next to my bed into a metal grid and they like to sit there next to me when I'm in bed. They have also been a lot more vocal since being off the floor, especially Candy who was always very quiet and timid, now she wakes me up in the middle of the night demanding more food!
IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2605.JPG IMG_2606.JPG IMG_2607.JPG

I decided that I should expand the size of my Cage. Though I only have Tilly at the moment ( no luck bonding her so far) my hope is that I may be able to find 2 new friends to join her in my new bigger set up. So originally it was a 2x4 setup:

20170317_194534.jpg

I have now expanded this to a 3x4 set up and included a second hay tray:

20170317_194614.jpg

20170317_194648.jpg

Of course featuring the star of the show Tilly. Safe to say she is in heaven with all the space and running laps round the cage.

What do you guys think? Might it be big enough for 3 if Tilly makes friends?

I just realised I've not posted a layout photo since the one when I'd only just got them. So this is their current one (2x4) which they've actually broadly had for quite a while because it works very well.

IMG_6435.JPG

The VetUK box is their main bed, which provides plenty of room for nervy Perran to tootle around while under cover. The box on top is just hay storage.
Perran loves to sit in the small box (no floor, for ease of cleaning) for hay times, while Ruan is happy to be where ever.
And you can't really see as they're hidden under the hay, but they have a bunch of twigs as chew toys too. Current options are ash, hawthorn, birch, and apple.

IMG_6436.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

Finally remembering to post some pictures of my piggies 'new' cage now that they've decided they rather like it after all. :doh:

Bought it online from C&C Guinea Pig Cages and combined a 2x4 base with a 2x2 loft to give it the L-shape.
Piggies.JPG Piggie home.JPG

Oh, and here's one I managed to snap of Hazel - she thought you needed to see how the front door works. :))
Hazel.JPG

My cage this week :D

02D05B97-C2D0-4EDC-A8D0-1B0A98CA5A7E_zpsaiklujcc.jpg

Hello all.
Last night We finally got they grids etc to make our tower C&C cage!
We already had the bottom 2x5 that houses our two boars Sonic and Jeffery.
but last night we added 10 grids for a base support between the homes.
and then on top in the penthouse another 2x5 to house our girls Hazel and Bell.
All together including storage area underneath it is 55 grids and 4 grids high.

I got these grids from Guinea Pigs Australia.
At this point in time using vet bed but shortly will be using fleece bedding from Ziggy Piggies for easier spot cleaning.
Hoping to get the boys neutered but for now all are happy.
Thank You, feel free to leave comments :)

18083924_10155223890634004_2019194835_o.jpg

Wow that looks amazing SarahWonderland! Could you post some pics of the set up inside the cages, looks like they've got loads of space, must be very happy piggies

Hello GinaG
The photo with the wooden houses is a older photo but still set out pretty much the same, Just don't have anything recent, the bottom houses two boys Sonic And Jeffery.

The top 2x5 houses two girls Hazel and Bell, i know i shouldn't use plastic houses but the wooden houses start to smell really bad and mould so trying something new.
And the wooden houses are so expensive here in Australia $50-60 sadly.

Any suggestions would be fabulous :)

18090574_10155227459309004_2013955249_o (1).jpg

16709343_10154990663474004_881571737_o.jpg

Back