• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Member Gallery: Commercial Cages

What a great set up! What do you put in the run to protect the carpet?

We pick up our piggies on Thursday so they have not been in there yet but I have an oil cloth tablecloth, towels and fleece to use in there

does anyone remember how to keep the ferplast 120 shelf in without the slope side on i took it out for easy cleaning but would like to put it in but dont want to take the whole cage top of every time to clean :)
20161225_173306.jpg

Can anyone recommend a cage suitable for 2 boars that would look nice in a front room? They are currently in a 4x2 c&c cage but are looking at changing it to something like the ferplast indoor cottage 2 tier. They used to have a bigger c&c cage with a loft but when we moved house we didnt have the room so reduced it to what it is now.

Edit: have seen a Lounge Small pet cage on gumtree close to us, measurements are: 116cm tall, 108cm wide and 56cm deep. Could this be suitable at all?

We have 2 house rabbits as well so we need to try and fit in space for their hay tray, food etc and litter tray in the room too.

Thanks in advance :)

i would try for a bigger cage,120 cm x 60 cm is the minimum recommended cage for 2 piggies,pets at home have 140 cm ferplast cage on offer,ive the liberta cage that is 150cmx 77cm from pet planet,ive 2 boys in this ,and has a stand,and messane area,which i adapted with fleece.you need to provide an area for roaming freely if you are going to get a small cage.hope you find a suitable cage,there are lots of pictures of cages in this section.

We were looking for slightly bigger than the 120x60 tbh but were after something aesthetically pleasing like the Ferplast indoor cottage (Blame the other half!) and with 2 tiers as it worked well for them with their last cage. Will have another look through the galleries on the laptop as they dont load well on my phone.

Thanks

This is the Ferplast Rabbit 120 Guinea Pig and Dwarf Rabbit cage and the dimensions are 51 x 120 x 58cm. I bought this cage from Zooplus. It is easy to clean and a good sized cage to house two young boars.

15941390_117325238772828_39979056000062558_n.jpg

Here are some better photos of the cage when I first got it. NOTE: It did house three boars at one point but this was only temporary until I could sort out larger accommodation for them.

IMG_20161017_140658.jpg

IMG_20161017_140658.jpg

IMG_20161017_140714.jpg

IMG_20161017_140637.jpg

Hi all. I'm Jess, the human of Frodo and Bilbo, two boars born January 1, 2017 and adopted on Feb 3.

Cage Type:
We initially purchased a rabbit cage but after a few days we decided it was too small for two. So we took to Amazon and purchased this Midwest Guinea Habitat Plus (white cage). The black cage is their play lobby which we detach at night. They sleep in the white cage on a table at night with us. The black cage is a poor attempt at a C&C cage. We wanted their entire cage to be C&C but we failed miserably and ended up with this annex. Worked out pretty well in this end as a daytime playpen for them.

How many piggies are kept in it: Two boars. We plan on adding another Midwest Habitat this summer.

How easy it is to keep clean/if you'd recommend it: I like this setup. I have a layer of coroplast in the bottom covered by two towels and a fleece blanket. I'm pretty much the sole cleaner of these cages and fitting the towels and fleece into the bottom of the Midwest Habitat is a bit exasperating in the moment but they love a clean cage so it's worth it when watching all the popcorning after the fact. In the C&C annex, I just have two dog pee pads beneath a layer of fleece which doesn't get very messy. They prefer using their litter box which contains bedding. I really like these two cages because we travel a lot and they're easy to set-up and take down.

IMG_6646.JPG

image.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm new to the land of piggies and so far our little piggy Val has settled in so well! We currently have 1 piggy as we want to understand her personality before adding another.
So far this is our piggy cage it's a 120×60 decorated with liners and bed from piggy boutique she's amazing!

I'm wanting to make changes to the cage, add a second level ect, and have it more open. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks! 20170221_203829.jpg 20170221_203829.jpg

20170221_204038.jpg

20170221_203534.jpg

Two Midwest Habitats joined together. I forgot just how fiddly that damned velcro could get. Love the result but man, huge amounts of patience required.

DSC_0348.JPG

Here is Mistletoe and Jingle's 150 x 75 cm cage. The R6A. Got it online cant remember where from. It has been a base for tso rabbits when they were babies and a home for Basil, Pip and Jacky guinea pigs. It is strong and i feel relaxed that they are safe from my two dogs.

The dogs arent allowed in the guinea pigs room, but just in case.

Lovely big cront opening door and roof.

zxuoi1.jpg

here are the Jingle (orange) and Mistletoe (blonde)

amy7p4.jpg

2urxwn8.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
I have downsized cages due to moving house and sadly only having 2 gps now, having lost one before Christmas. Anyway, after hours of research and thought I went for the Ferplast 120 from Pets at Home (currently £50). I have doubled the space available by adding an 'outdoor' area using C&C grids and fleece blankets. I have had both C&C and a hutch in the past and definitely feel that my gps feel happier and safer in a covered home (with extra space for when they want to venture out!). This seems like a good compromise.
I am still deciding how best to keep the hay area separate from the fleece but it's a work in progress (any suggestions welcome!). The gps seem very happy and are enjoying exploring their new home (hiding in the house when I took the photo!).
I have cleaned it out once so far and the top was easy to release in order to remove the wet bedding and sweep up. I've lined the base with puppy pads, newspaper and fleece and made a fleece forest from a shredded fleece blanket for hiding. The cage is going into a spare bedroom when we move along with my son's XBox so they'll be able to keep each other company!

Just upgraded the my two boys from the Little Friends 140cm to the 160cm.
It measures 160cm by 80cm and has given them loads more room.
Bought online from Little Pet Warehouse for £139.99 which is a huge price jump from the previous model.
We can't have C&C as we have two very naughty cats who like to try every which way to get to them, so this was the next best option.20170426_143320.jpg 20170426_143528.jpg

we've got that cage too @George and Max we love it, it's so sturdy. The price has gone up a lot since we bought it 2 years ago, I suspect the demand for bigger cages has made suppliers realise they can get away with charging more. My OH made a loft to add an extra dimension for Spike and Peanut. The upstairs is now completely filled with an underbed storage box with a door cut in it at the top of the ramp, I fill it with hay and they eat, burrow and sleep as they please. I cover the ramp with vet bed off cuts to make it softer on their feet.

IMG_6742.JPG

The ramp on the top slotted into the side of the saftey rail so they could come and go for floor time, this wasn't popular as they don't like full floor time and prefer a playpen!

we've got that cage too @George and Max we love it, it's so sturdy. The price has gone up a lot since we bought it 2 years ago, I suspect the demand for bigger cages has made suppliers realise they can get away with charging more. My OH made a loft to add an extra dimension for Spike and Peanut. The upstairs is now completely filled with an underbed storage box with a door cut in it at the top of the ramp, I fill it with hay and they eat, burrow and sleep as they please. I cover the ramp with vet bed off cuts to make it softer on their feet.

View attachment 62545

The ramp on the top slotted into the side of the saftey rail so they could come and go for floor time, this wasn't popular as they don't like full floor time and prefer a playpen!

Yours looks great! There is so much height to it, the first thing we said is we need to figure out how to make anew upper level. The new houses I bought have formed a shelf with the roofs and I've given them a solid bridge but nothing yet, early days as they've never had a ramp or anything

Cage Type: Little Friends
Where it was purchased: Ebay £69
What size it is: 140cm x 70cm (with home-made added loft area)
How many piggies are kept in it: 3 sows
How easy it is to keep clean/if you'd recommend it: I use fleece and puppy pads with a couple of litter trays. Very easy to clean with the 2 large top opening doors. The 2 side doors are also big enough to make it easy to get both arms right in and reach all the cage. It's a little more awkward to clean under the loft area I added but it's still not too bad. It's a good size cage for the money. The base is really deep so if you do use a loose substrate/bedding, it wont get everywhere. It's well made and sturdy. Good value for money I'd say.

This was the very basic layout I setup before I got the pigs and before I added the loft area. I covered one end with a fleece to give them a safe area:

18839284_306202313168228_6377009718827084097_n.jpg

18951081_306258899829236_5006576920720340722_n.jpg

Once the girls had settled in I added the loft area, plus I had also added 2 hay racks (again, Little Friends brand off eBay) to the far end above the litter trays. The hay racks can be accessed from both levels and there is a water bottle on both levels. The loft area is then covered with the fleece to keep them feeling secure. The loft is just thick MDF held in place with screws and cable ties then covered with a puppy pad and fleece. The ramps were bought off eBay. :

19275060_313293665792426_8380892622156099178_n.jpg

19366306_313293752459084_810049365287929374_n.jpg

19396884_313293642459095_7422586049740035004_n.jpg

This is my piggies set up,

I have three pairs in a three level 120cm cage and each level is separated, they also have a 8ft octagon run to play during the evening and on the grass...

The upper level has a neutered boar and sow and the other lower levels have two sows in.

View attachment 7597
this is the same as my cage but mine look really full were yours dont? any advice?

Back