• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Member Gallery: Commercial Cages

this is the same as my cage but mine look really full were yours dont? any advice?

Sorry i haven't been on here much i've been super busy with work, i had to find houses and bridges that had a lot of open doors and room so they felt sheltered but could still run around the whole cage, i tend to swap their toys about so they don't have everything in at once, like sometimes they'll have a tunnel and another week a willow ball and their chew toys all hang up so they don't clutter the cage! Sorry for such a late reply, i hope i helped a little. It's difficult to get their cages right, i'm constantly worried they won't like what i've done or they don't have enough space! haha. I'm sure your piggies are super happy with your cage! :D

Cage Type
Ferplast Plaza 160
Where it was purchased or how it was made
Bought from Zooplus when it was on offer for around £60
What size it is
160 x 60 cm
How many piggies are kept in it
2 sows, around 5 months old
How easy it is to keep clean/if you'd recommend it
I find it very easy to clean (both spot cleaning and full clean) because the doors provide excellent access. It does seem a little flimsy on the top when both doors are open, but for the price I paid I'd definitely recommend it. I started with a Midwest Habitat and roof, but have repurposed that as a run, so they usually spend most of the day with the cage open. We don't have a carpet at the moment, so it's easy enough to clean up after them. The table has a couple of fleece forests hanging from it, and I left the chair because they seemed to like the extra cover. Please excuse the mess on the table and cage. I need to sort it.IMG_0242 (2).JPG :)

IMG_9276.JPG IMG_9277.JPG IMG_9278.JPG IMG_9279.JPG IMG_9280.JPG I'm a first time guinea pig owner (I have limited space in my room so I tried to make them have the most comfortable home)
Cage
:
Midwest Habitat Plus and a Pet Store cage for extension where I have their hay, one water bottle, and their pellets bowl.
Where?
I bought my Midwest habitat on Amazon and the pet store cage that I use as an extension from Chewy.com (Ware Chew Proof Small Animal Cage, 25-inch)
How many piggies?
Two piggies, Abby (Abbysinian Guinea Pig) and Bell (Crested Guinea Pig)
Cleaning:
I have fleece as my bedding and I change it every 3-4 days and do a full clean out and it's very easy. Since I'm OCD I clean everything, it takes me an hour or so. Pretty easy though. I recommend having the pet store cage as an extension if space is limited like mine.

IMG_9259.JPG

Cage Type
Ferplast Plaza 140
Zooplus - £49.99
What size it is
142cm x 60cm
2 girls, 18 months old
It's pretty easy to clean, although we have only had these 2 for 24 hours so I've only spot cleaned! It's got one big door so easy access although the end part is solid so you do have to kind of lean into that corner, it's fine though as I can sit on the floor and reach in. It's pretty sturdy and I would definitely recommend this cage and also recommend 2 people putting it together as that will make it much easier!

TRYING TO FIX PHOTO :(

Cage Type
Ferplast Plaza 140
Zooplus - £49.99
What size it is
142cm x 60cm
2 girls, 18 months old
It's pretty easy to clean, although we have only had these 2 for 24 hours so I've only spot cleaned! It's got one big door so easy access although the end part is solid so you do have to kind of lean into that corner, it's fine though as I can sit on the floor and reach in. It's pretty sturdy and I would definitely recommend this cage and also recommend 2 people putting it together as that will make it much easier!

TRYING TO FIX PHOTO :(

Photobucket no longer allows 3rd party linking unless you pay money, that's why your photo won't show up.

Does anyone have the my little friends corner cage? It’s what I’m havign after Xmas so looking for set up ideas haha

Hello! I have a question I want to upgrade my Midwest soon. I'd like to find out the price range for a C&C cage. That will comfortably fit two boars. Also how do make a fleece forest?

Interesting to read as I’m needing a change.

I’ve always had a cage big enough for two guinea pigs, I have one big one and a two tier one which my piggy Hector is currently in but we are about to adopt two females to go with him, so fingers crossed they bond I want to get one big Cage for them. But not too sure where I’m going to get it from as at the time of purchasing my current cages I thought I’d bought the biggest one I could, but I guess not.

I like looking at the little run the areas that you’ve made for them, my husband is in the process of giving up his study so that we can create this sort of area for piggies, I’ve never used the C & C Before though but that seems to be what a lot of use for your runs, my plan was to leave the guinea pigs doors open when we are at home so that They can climb out and run around but we are going to need some sort of ramp for them to get out. Not too sure where to get that, so if anyone has any ideas or any advice on anything for me that would be lovely.

809194AA-C1E0-4E97-BD88-1816204CFB88.jpeg

I’ve always had a cage big enough for two guinea pigs, I have one big one and a two tier one which my piggy Hector is currently in but we are about to adopt two females to go with him, so fingers crossed they bond I want to get one big Cage for them. But not too sure where I’m going to get it from as at the time of purchasing my current cages I thought I’d bought the biggest one I could, but I guess not.

I like looking at the little run the areas that you’ve made for them, my husband is in the process of giving up his study so that we can create this sort of area for piggies, I’ve never used the C & C Before though but that seems to be what a lot of use for your runs, my plan was to leave the guinea pigs doors open when we are at home so that They can climb out and run around but we are going to need some sort of ramp for them to get out. Not too sure where to get that, so if anyone has any ideas or any advice on anything for me that would be lovely.

View attachment 79633

I use 2 hamster runs joined together.

19437305_431425520590151_9205087155212513169_n.jpg

View attachment 79633

Hi @Hector I have a two tier cage like yours with an added shelf on the top tier for hideys, and we have a puppy pen permanently attached as their 'garden' area. My partner cut a hole in the front so they don't have to worry about too many ramps, and they seem to like the burrow effect this gives the cage!

If for any reason we need to shut them in the cage for a while, we have a metal flap (used to be wooden) that we screw on across the hole to keep them in! IT's great because we can extend the outdoor area with another pen, and make it smaller if needs be, too!

I will say we don't use the radiator behind the cage!
IMG_1151.jpg

Hi @Hector I have a two tier cage like yours with an added shelf on the top tier for hideys, and we have a puppy pen permanently attached as their 'garden' area. My partner cut a hole in the front so they don't have to worry about too many ramps, and they seem to like the burrow effect this gives the cage!

If for any reason we need to shut them in the cage for a while, we have a metal flap (used to be wooden) that we screw on across the hole to keep them in! IT's great because we can extend the outdoor area with another pen, and make it smaller if needs be, too!

I will say we don't use the radiator behind the cage!
View attachment 79651
This looks good. The metal flap you attach to the cage to fill the hole. Did you make it yourself? Do the piggies chew it?

This looks good. The metal flap you attach to the cage to fill the hole. Did you make it yourself? Do the piggies chew it?

Yes we (my partner!) made it - he's very good at things like that, me not so much!

The boys only give it a nibble if they're shut in or out, which is very rare. We only swapped from wood because the metal was thinner.

If you do this you will need to blunt the screws on the other side so they're not sharp, or use something to cover them.

They love running in and out when I'm in the pen cleaning out!

My two new piggies, Margaret and Penelope which I adopted today currently have one large cage which I think I got from Cages World, it is 120x60. My boy Hector has a two tier cage which is 95x50 on Each level, I have put carpet and sides on the ramp and put a wooden block underneath the end of it so it’s not quite so steep. I think this also comes from Cages World.

46740BA3-5B6D-458D-ACEB-D434FBE65830.jpeg

6C7B1688-57EE-40F5-9C2D-3483B9C30897.jpeg

Yes we (my partner!) made it - he's very good at things like that, me not so much!

The boys only give it a nibble if they're shut in or out, which is very rare. We only swapped from wood because the metal was thinner.

If you do this you will need to blunt the screws on the other side so they're not sharp, or use something to cover them.

They love running in and out when I'm in the pen cleaning out!
Thank you. Do you a picture of the hole in the cage and the metal?

Back