• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Messy Fleece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggie.slave

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two boars in a 2x4 cage and about 2 months ago switched the, over to fleece! I love it, but the hay gets everywhere and it can be a bit smelly, I have fixed the smelly part as I am ordering an air purifier, but not the hay part, I am thinking of getting a second level like this...image.png
But thought it would look too bulky in my room, so if I did this is it definite that nothing bad will happen? I know they can't climb bars or anything but I want to be certain?

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't do the one where you wouldn't need any more grids as I know 2 of my piggys would certainly jump out of that! If you do it you will need to build another level with grids

Did it take your pigs a while to use/learn the ramp?
They did at first, but treats helped. Think it took ours around a week, you just need to make the ramp as long as possible to ensure there's not a steep incline, are your piggys Young?

They did at first, but treats helped. Think it took ours around a week, you just need to make the ramp as long as possible to ensure there's not a steep incline, are your piggys Young?
They are around 1year 10months x

You could put something under the hay rack to catch it. In my piggy hay area they don't have fleece, just puppy pads with carefresh and hay on top.

I'd personally add a lid onto it if you're going to add another layer that's not at least a grid high. They don't usually climb but they can stretch quite tall. My boys can stick their noses over the top of a grid if they stand up at the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back