• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Missing piggie!

Lizzie.1987

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Didn’t know where to put this thread but this seemed like the most logical.

My baby Speedy has disappeared. I had them out for a little exercise time while I cleaned their cage, I don’t have a run but I blocked off escape routes and if I spotted either of them running towards a place I hadn’t thought of I would grab them before they got to it.

Speedy was trying to get under my bed before he disappeared and he’s not under there. Or in any bags or anything near there.

Help me please I am going out of my mind.

There’s no way he’d have gotten outside so he’s gotta be in the house somewhere. But I can’t even hear him squeaking.

Try leaving out some of his favourite food. Does your other piggie tend to squeak for food yet? If so getting your other pig excited about food might entice him out?

No. Donald doesn’t squeak for food yet. Speedy normally squeaks at all times so I’m surprised I haven’t heard him yet. He was awfully quiet while out though.

Perhaps something spooked him. As he's still young making the room as dark as you can might encourage him out, and keeping things very quiet?

Update: Speedy has been spotted but is under my flatmate’s bed. My normal reaction to under the bed is to corner him and get him out but I can’t get under this bed like I can my own.

Oh dear! Once you recapture piggy maybe think of investing in an indoor playpen like the BunnyBusiness one we have. You can attach 2 together for a bigger area. After I witnessed my daughter's hamster get squished by my mum moving the sofa trying to catch her back in 1997 (shudder...) I decided to limit free roaming piggy time to "controlled free roaming piggy time" in a 24 square foot enclosure!

Currently got some food in an old cardboard tube my flatmate uses to send her art out. Trying to entice him into it.

Phew glad hes back in his cage now. I once had one jump out the hutch and straight underneath it. We had to tag team it with a mop handle and a broom handle to encourage her to an area we could catch her lol. My hubby has since added boards to the bottom so it can't happen again

Back