• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mo Health (another Poo Thread)

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So how guys me again with yet another thread on poop! I've read the threads and guinea pig lynx website on poos about 100 times and yet everytime I see something a little off I still write a thread- I blame my nerves!

Mo is normal in himself -recently seen the vet for his ear (which by the way has cleared up! :) ) I have just taken him out for some one on one time and he has pooed- nothing out of the ordinary there LOL. However, it is smaller then his usual poos. I noticed them gradually getting smaller after I got Steve (he has lost some weight also - but a good sign as before Steve he was a little above what he should have been according to the vet. "Not obese but wouldn't hurt to loose a bit"- as said by vet. So I took the lighter weight as a good sign. Again it's not dramatic just a tiny drop!

He is eating the same and is actually eating a bigger variety of vegetables now thanks to Steve.lots of hay as usual. I have cut down on the pellets slightly but they still get a bowl at night and in the morning.

Basically should I be worried?

When I took Mo out Steve was getting a little dominant chasing,nipping etc but I took it as another hormone spike. Again they still get on most of the time. Now out Mo is walking about etc but how can I tell if he's happy to be away from Steve or happy to be out? They both perk up when out of the cage and mo is climbing me now either for strokes or to go back to the cage so how can I tell if he isn't happy? Never thought guinea pigs could worry me as much as this pair do haha

20171116_162102.jpg

Like they are literally next to each other now (they were lying like this but now Steve is up eating cos he saw me haha)

(Cage is 120 - I realise I need to up size :) )

20171116_165410.jpg

Those poos look normal to me! :D

If he wasn't happy with Steve he'd kill him so I'm sure he's fine haha! It'll help when they have more space to get away from each other, which is probably why the love their run time and space from each other so I wouldn't worry about that! :)

I think they eat less with a fairly new bond anyway, I've noticed some small poos when in the early stages of bonding but it picks back up when they're less distracted :)

If he wasn't happy with Steve he'd kill him so I'm sure he's fine haha! It'll help when they have more space to get away from each other, which is probably why the love their run time and space from each other so I wouldn't worry about that! :)

I think they eat less with a fairly new bond anyway, I've noticed some small poos when in the early stages of bonding but it picks back up when they're less distracted :)

I have to admit this made the situation alot less scary! "He'd kill him!" Had me laugh out loud!

Cavy Kung-Fu has taken all the words out of my mouth I was thinking as I read your post! I can't really add any more.
Just keep an eye on the poop and Mo's weight but at the moment all sounds and looks normal.

Thank you both very much for your responses (and for the other responses on the countless other threads I've made!) Xx

Back