• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mojito Is Poorly. Uri

Julie M

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I've had Mojito at the vets tonight as he's not himself today. His breathing is fast and he has a crackle in his chest. The vet gave him antibiotics and an anti inflammatory infections. I've also put him in the carrier with the steaming solution f10 too. He's not eating too great so I've started syringe feeding him too. I'm just so so sad. I've only had him a short while but at 4+ years old he's getting on in years. We have to go back tomorrow to get more antibiotics if he's no better. But the vet said he's not too good. :(

That's sad news Julie. Keep syringe feeding him to keep his guts moving. Sending healing vibes your way!

I have fed him again and put him in his carrier for a wee while next to a steaming bowl of vick. As I figured it can't make him any worse. He's fighting the syringe feed. I really don't think he is very well at all. Mango is currently sat beside him in the cage. As I've piled food and hay and ready grass all about him to tempt him to eat. But he's not interested.(Mango is eating it) Mojito was eating lettuce earlier but is no longer interested. I feel so helpless.

Really really big hugs coming your way. I hate that helpless feeling. You are doing all you can, it's so frustrating when they won't let you help them, I wish we could explain what we are doing and why.

((((((Hugs)))))) keep battling, small and often feeds - often I've only got 3ml into them in a feed. Oblas oil on something near the cage works, bisolvon powder helps clear the nose. Take him into the bathroom while you have a shower. If he is bloaty then a gut stimulant may help. I. So sorry it's really crap. However don't write him off my babies have my 5 year old and my 6 year old a URI and we got through it.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a uri or just an age related issue as he is going downhill fast. It's like what happened with Fudge. One day he was fine the next he deteriorated so fast we never even managed to get him to the vets. I've just managed 3 syringes but it took me nearly an hour. He put his paw on my finger at one point as if he was saying "no more I've had enough" also there is a slight crack like rattle to his breathing. :soz::(

He's still here. Just. He's still really bad. He sounds like a squeaky bicycle wheel. (A very quiet one.) I feel like I should keep feeding him but then it seems to be making his breathing worse. He's to go to the vets again today but I'm scared what they will say. I honestly now believe it's age related as he's not got any discharge or sneezing.

He's still here. Just. He's still really bad. He sounds like a squeaky bicycle wheel. (A very quiet one.) I feel like I should keep feeding him but then it seems to be making his breathing worse. He's to go to the vets again today but I'm scared what they will say. I honestly now believe it's age related as he's not got any discharge or sneezing.
If he has survived the night he has a chance of getting through this. Keep up little and often feeds as without them he will surely die. He isn't that old so he may well improve on treatment. It' probably a chest infection. Hang in there xx

If he has survived the night he has a chance of getting through this. Keep up little and often feeds as without them he will surely die. He isn't that old so he may well improve on treatment. It' probably a chest infection. Hang in there xx
He was a rescue centre piggie so we don't really know an exact age. The old owner said she thinks they're 4 so he could be older.

Thank you. I've only had them a short while but it feels like they've been here forever (in a good way)

I am keeping up the feeds and have done so throughout the night. But I feel his heart is slowing down. It's the same as happened to my Fudge. I'm beginning to think it's more to do with his age and previous lack of care. Than a uri.

Mojito has unfortunately passed to the bridge. I'm so so devastated.
I'm taking comfort in the fact he was pampered, so so loved and happy for his last few months.

Thanks all for your help. Xx

I'm so sorry, I had originally posted about diuretics but my screen had not loaded the latest replies. Sweet dreams Mojito.

Last edited:
Oh I am so very sorry. He was very loved and is now popcorning and doing zoomies over the Rainbow Bridge.

Back