• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Boys Are Fighting, Will It Ever Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greensn

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i have two males, Louie, who's two years old, and Norman, who's roughly 5 months. I have been working on bonding since I got Norman about two months ago. About a week ago they had a bad fight where Norman got a bite to the lip. I gave them a break for a few days and I tried letting them together and it was almost all aggression. I know Norman is going through puberty and rushed with hormones and Louie is usually a sweet boy with other pigs. Are there any signs that it's just not going to work? My gut tells me Norman wants nothing to do with him but I don't want to give up :(
Also I'm moving 800 miles away to a new home, obviously bringing my babies with me; do you maybe think this could improve or change the situation?

If blood has been drawn I think it's time to call it a day.They can live side by side to keep each other company but I don't think they can live together.

Okay. That being said, should I ever introduce another pig into the mix?

i have two males, Louie, who's two years old, and Norman, who's roughly 5 months. I have been working on bonding since I got Norman about two months ago. About a week ago they had a bad fight where Norman got a bite to the lip. I gave them a break for a few days and I tried letting them together and it was almost all aggression. I know Norman is going through puberty and rushed with hormones and Louie is usually a sweet boy with other pigs. Are there any signs that it's just not going to work? My gut tells me Norman wants nothing to do with him but I don't want to give up :(
Also I'm moving 800 miles away to a new home, obviously bringing my babies with me; do you maybe think this could improve or change the situation?

Hi!

Any change of territory (and that can include the surroundings of a cage, especially with hormonal boys) requires a re-establishment of the hierarchy, so a move at this very tricky point in time can be just what tips the balance.

You may get away with an accidental scratch, but after a full-on bite, boars usually won't go back together, so I would recommend to separate and plan to keep them next to each other as neighbours with interaction and mutual stimulation through the bars, but each boar with their own territory.

Boars: Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back