• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My cheddar

Heath2003

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi so I’ve had cheddar for a month and a few week however recently I’ve noticed he’s lying down a lot and making noises more than usual he also keeps scratching a lot and has a small bald patch behind his ear as well as he keeps grinding his teeth which I’ve read can be a sign of an injury or illness.the only thing I have changed was the brand of his hay and that’s when this all started However He is eating and drinking and running around in his play pen and popcorning like usual.I had a look for any other sign of mites and I see none.I’ve noticed really late at night and I intend to book a vet appointment as soon as possible however before we attend the vets is there any advice or help so I know what to expect and will my baby boy be okay.

It’s normal for them to have bald patches behind their ear. If you’re worried then do get him seen. mites are microscopic so you can’t see them with the naked eye.

Does he live alone?

It’s normal for them to have bald patches behind their ear. If you’re worried then do get him seen. mites are microscopic so you can’t see them with the naked eye.

Does he live alone?
Yes he was adopted from his last home as they had a dog who was violent he has never been homed with another piggy however I intend on introducing a friend very soon however I cannot do this until I know if he’s okay

Please do try and get him a friend soon. I would strongly advise you bond him at a rescue rather than get a friend elsewhere. Given he’s always lived alone, it may be a little tricky. How old is he?

Rescue Locator

we guess six months to maybe a year we will find out when the vets open in the morning.i recently changed his sawdust to fleece as I read this can be better.he has one corner of his cage that he will lie down in and this never occurred with sawdust

Back