• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My guinea pig is sick

MinaShiner24

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pig, Rocket, won't eat and won't drink. I've had him for about I'd say maybe a year or almost a year and he is supposedly a male but I'm not quite sure. He has milky pupils. He is very skinny, he seems to limp to a corner and just sit there. My other guinea pig,Neveen and a male supposedly, cuddles him, and lets Rocket climb on him. They share a pen. My family can't afford a vet. Can somebody give me some advice please? I plan on selling them soon, to capable owners, but I can't lose him.

If he is ill he really needs to see a vet.

Have you started syringe feeding him? Complete guide at top of page under guinea pig guides. Sorry can't link in on this device.

If your piggy is not eating he is very sck. Milky pupils probably means he has cataracts and can't see. Limping is also a concern. He is in pain and needs pain relief which is why he is not eating.

Have you thought of surrendering them to s reputable rescue? Then your Piggy will get the help he needs. There is a rescue locator at the top of the page.

If he is ill he really needs to see a vet.

Have you started syringe feeding him? Complete guide at top of page under guinea pig guides. Sorry can't link in on this device.

If your piggy is not eating he is very sck. Milky pupils probably means he has cataracts and can't see. Limping is also a concern. He is in pain and needs pain relief which is why he is not eating.

Have you thought of surrendering them to s reputable rescue? Then your Piggy will get the help he needs. There is a rescue locator at the top of the page.
I haven't tried tried that, but thank you so much for your help. I will try it right away

Please get him to a vet ASAP

Many vets offer payment plans. If you are in UK PDSA offer discounted treatment also

I agree with @Betsy, if you surrender them both to a rescue your boy will get the treatment he needs and you ca be assured they’ll both get a lovely new home together when he’s better :)
Good luck!

Back