• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

My Problem With The ‘elevator Method’ Used To Pick Up Piggies...

Vivianhe

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My piggie is generally okay with the elevator method of picking her up - I just kind of coax her into a guinea pig bed, and pick her up by lifting the entire bed out of the cage. However, I'm worried that because I have been getting her out to syringe feed her, she will associate her little bed with syringe feeding, which clearly stresses her out...? Please help! How can I make this easier for both of us?

pig in the city

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My piggie is generally okay with the elevator method of picking her up - I just kind of coax her into a guinea pig bed, and pick her up by lifting the entire bed out of the cage. However, I'm worried that because I have been getting her out to syringe feed her, she will associate her little bed with syringe feeding, which clearly stresses her out...? Please help! How can I make this easier for both of us?
I have never found that this method of lifting piggies causes any problems with them using their beds. Carry on. It's the best way to handle piggies.