• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Naughty Donald the food bowl flipper

Lizzie.1987

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I started noticing Donald's naughty behaviour towards his food bowl. At first I thought it was because I use the bowl groove underneath for veggies and he was flipping it looking for veggies but I've separated it and he's still flipping it. Is it time to invest in a weighted bowl?

I don't use bowl, I scatter feed. I use a bowl for my old ladies as they have unlimited pellets and its a heavy ceramic one. Never been tipped thankfully!

I use heavy bowls, never been flipped, but they do pee in them when empty. I think it might be Dot spraying Burnie though when hes got too close. I want to start scatter feeding though, Its more natural , apart from it being nuggets

I use heavy bowls, never been flipped, but they do pee in them when empty. I think it might be Dot spraying Burnie though when hes got too close. I want to start scatter feeding though, Its more natural , apart from it being nuggets
Aah bowl pee-ers! , I have to say the rats are worse at that than piggies ever were. Everyday I am washing dried rat widdle from empty bowls, the little devils.

My old boar used to place his playball in his nugget bowl when it was empty, so that i gave him more

Ceramic bowls/ heavy bowls are the best. Good luck with your bowl flipping piggies :)

:agr:My little girl used to do that all the time until i got a heavy bowl/dish one that holds pellets and hay :D:D

:agr:My little girl used to do that all the time until i got a heavy bowl/dish one that holds pellets and hay :D:D

Oh, I was late for veggie time today and Speedy was giving it laldi with the squeaking. They know what will annoy me into veggie giving. lol!
They are so clever, they know roughly what time it is by routine and what to do to get your attention. My boar Bernie knows if he flips his hideys that it will annoy me🤔😏

Back