• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New Boar

RJade

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just been bonding my 1 year old male with a 4 week old male. I've done it before with another pair and it's been a successful bond! In my previous one it all seemed to settle much sooner than the one I'm doing it at the minute. It has all calmed down from the intial meeting, my older male is still occasionally humping the other one when we walks passed. Although, they have been both asleep and eaten together. How long does the bonding process continue for until it's all finished?

I've just been bonding my 1 year old male with a 4 week old male. I've done it before with another pair and it's been a successful bond! In my previous one it all seemed to settle much sooner than the one I'm doing it at the minute. It has all calmed down from the intial meeting, my older male is still occasionally humping the other one when we walks passed. Although, they have been both asleep and eaten together. How long does the bonding process continue for until it's all finished?

If they have been sleeping together and are still fine afterwards, then that is a very good sign for bonding boars. Each bonding is different, as it relies on the two personalities involved and the dynamics between them. Not every baby works out with a boar; even with them there are can pronounced and instant dislikes.

The dominance phase lasts around 2 weeks on average.

Please take the time to read through this illustrated guide here. it takes you through all stages in a bonding and shows you what you need to look out for at each stage. You should find it very helpful: Illustrated Bonding / Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics

This was nearly me recently. Just got a baby boar with plans to bond him with my girlies.

Saw a himmie boar advertised locally ... 2 yearsvold. Tempted. Resisted.

Good luck with your boys. Waking from a nap and still being friends bodes well (sound like an expert haha, just read the bonding guides a lot).

Back