• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

No Front Teeth How Do I Need Him!

MiniMoo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea piggy doesn't h have front teeth ,but it is growing in he has a great diet too. He is having trouble eating his carrots and leafy greens. He is also having trouble with eating is food pellets. My other guinea pig CORN CHIP is fine he is a newborn and is very well feed and healthy. He is about 3 weeks old now. MINI MOO is 6 months old much bigger than CORN CHIP. I just really need to now how to feed MINI MOO with the no front teeth.

Do I get one medicine syringes that aren't sharp and get his food mixed with water and put little at a time in his mouth? Please relpy!

Try cutting veggies quite small and hand feeding, the front teeth are vital in picking up food so thats a large problem for him. Also if you mush up some pellets or get some critical care/recovery food and yes use a small feeding syringe to top him up as he clearly can't eat enough on his own.

I've moved your post to health and illness section.
Please cut up all veg into small strips or use a peeler. Our health and illness team will be along shortly to advise further.
How did he lose his teeth?

Do you know how Mini Moo has lost his teeth? It is not uncommon.

Please cut all his veg into fine strips and mush up his pellets. If necessary, place the veg strips into his mouth until his teeth regrow. The incisors are needed for picking up and cutting food.

Please follow the tips in our illustratesd syringe feed guide on how to prep the syringe tip to allow fibre to come through. Hay is making around 80% of the daily food intake, so you need to cover that with recovery formula and/or mushed up pellets. Complete Syringe Feeding Guide

Please have your boy vet checked tomorrow to make sure that the breaks are clean and the tooth stumps are not loose and wobbly and will regrow normally in a matter of days.

Back