Nugget Comparison Chart

futurefame

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok, you might want to consider other treats though I know many members feed pea flakes as a treat. Good treats for piggies include:
Fresh grass
Dandelions (and other weeds, there is a post here somewhere with guinea pig safe weeds listed)
Fruit/veg
Forage feeds
Grass as a treat? My piggies have access to grass sometimes all day, sometimes in little bunches - is that too much

Cs071085

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So after looking at the different foods available and finding that the information is spread all over the place I have started to compile a spreadsheet of the nuggets available here in the UK (and most in other countries). I am still gathering information but I have put the basics into a spreadsheet so that they can all be compared together.

If there is anything else you think I could add to the spread sheet, please let me know, or if you have any info about the blank spaces I'd be grateful too! Here it is so far.

Thank you for this, it’s great. My girls are on burgess excel x

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't know if this info is useful but here's Wagg Twitch Guinea Pig Nuggets details

No artificial colours or flavours
At Wagg we use colours from a mineral source found in nature and we don't add artificial flavours to any of our foods.

Protected vitamin c
With protected vitamin C which is essential for your guinea pig's health.

Improved digestion
With quality sources of fibre and yeast extracts to help promote a healthy digestion.

Strong immune system
Our combination of vitamins A, C & E with carefully selected trace elements, help support a healthy immune system.

Apple & grape
With tasty apple and grape.

Composition
Wheat fibre, sunflower meal, oat fibre, grass meal, whole oats, whole wheat, lucerne meal, carob bean meal, calcium carbonate, linseed (1%), vegetable oil, mineral, yeast.

Additives (Per Kg)
Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 15,000 iu, Vitamin D3 1,500 iu, Vitamin E 90 mg, Vitamin C 200 mg, Zinc Chelate of Amino Acid Hydrate 133 mg, Manganous Oxide 48 mg, Zinc Oxide 41 mg, Iron Sulphate Monohydrate 33 mg, Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate 25 mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 2.3mg, Antioxidants.

Analytical Constituents
Protein 16.0%
Crude Ash 7.5%
Fat Content 4.5%
Crude Fibre 16.0%

Lawsii15

New Born Pup
Reaction score
New piggy owner here - noticing you have highlighted grain free feeds. Why are they better?

MidFray

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've been checking how much I need to weigh out of the selective nuggets and noticed the calcium percentage is at 0.6% which is decreased from the chart. Thought I'd update you!

Also, it says minimum 40g per day for a adult. I have 5 piggies in total and that works at 200g a day? I do not give this much food, I feed them twice daily and they don't get through all that I offer? Anyone else have a similar situation

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I've been checking how much I need to weigh out of the selective nuggets and noticed the calcium percentage is at 0.6% which is decreased from the chart. Thought I'd update you!

Also, it says minimum 40g per day for a adult. I have 5 piggies in total and that works at 200g a day? I do not give this much food, I feed them twice daily and they don't get through all that I offer? Anyone else have a similar situation
40g is too much. One tablespoon per pig per day is the recommended amount (so if you’re giving pellets twice a day, then give then half a tablespoon each twice per day) . That can be around 6-10g per pig per day depending on what brand you use.

MidFray

New Born Pup
Reaction score
40g is too much. One tablespoon per pig per day is the recommended amount (so if you’re giving pellets twice a day, then give then half a tablespoon each twice per day) . That can be around 6-10g per pig per day depending on what brand you use.
Wow, I'm quite shocked, no wonder obesity is high in small furries! Fancy having that information on the packaging! Thank you for your help!

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Wow, I'm quite shocked, no wonder obesity is high in small furries! Fancy having that information on the packaging! Thank you for your help!
They just want to sell their product. If you measure out one tablespoon using a proper tablespoon measure and then pop the pellets on the scales, you will be surprised at quite how little they need!