• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ovarian Cysts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elin

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I have two female guinea pigs that are either 3 or 4 years old. They both eat and drink except that when I try to take them out to exercise they just sit in the corner but I think they just are scared. My concern is that one of my piggies nipples are crusty. The right one is bigger and crustier but I'm not sure if it hurts because everytime I pick her up she gets moves a lot. She doesn't really seem too mind when I press on it. She is pear shaped and I think has been like this for over a year but didn't realize cause she hates being picked up. My mom doesn't want to go to the vet cause it's expensive and since she's eating my mom isn't worried should we go to the vet?

Hi I have two female guinea pigs that are either 3 or 4 years old. They both eat and drink except that when I try to take them out to exercise they just sit in the corner but I think they just are scared. My concern is that one of my piggies nipples are crusty. The right one is bigger and crustier but I'm not sure if it hurts because everytime I pick her up she gets moves a lot. She doesn't really seem too mind when I press on it. She is pear shaped and I think has been like this for over a year but didn't realize cause she hates being picked up. My mom doesn't want to go to the vet cause it's expensive and since she's eating my mom isn't worried should we go to the vet?

Please keep a close eye on it. Crustiness can be caused by ovarian cysts, but there is also the the risk of a mammarian tumour forming if you feel a lump underneath the nipple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back