• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Paper bedding types

Hay&Veggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I made the decision when bringing my boys home to keep them on paper bedding as I had an issue with woodshavings in the past and I don't personally like the feel of the pellets.
They are currently on carefresh because I knew it was safe, however I'm looking for a more cost effective paper bedding. Someone recommended the following two to me and I wondered if either was any good/worth trying. Really like the idea of the tea bag paper as it seems like it would be soft for them and easy to see where they've pooped or weed for spot cleans however I have no idea how absorbent it would be.
Both are kept together indoors.

I am thinking of fleece in the future, however having looked into it I just think that currently it isn't feasible to have the extra laundry.
Thankyou!

Tea bag paper bedding
Soft paper bedding

bonus pic of the boys IMG_20200618_161533.jpg

Looking at them, I'd think either should be fine. I have no experience with either but having used paper bedding before I'd be happy to use either of them.

I’ve tried all sorts, tea bag/ card/ auboise/shavings/vet bed/fleece but I always come back to my favourite Fitch paper bedding. It’s lovely and soft not dusty it’s like care fresh but bigger chunks and cheaper. It is quite expensive as you buy in bulk but now I’ve only got one cage it lasts well and I can spot clean poos and damp spots and do a full clean once a week Fitch First - Fitch Pet Bedding

I use the small pet select paper bedding and get the jumbo bag which lasts us quite a while. Nice and soft and definitely dust free.
Before that I tried fitch, which I really wasn't a fan of. It's like clumps of tissues which have been through the washing machine! The pigs didn't have a problem with it though

Back