• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess 😔

Great that he will be at home this evening being cared for, with the ones he loves 🥰🙏❤️
 
It’s all done and gone to plan. No complications and he’s eating pepper. I can collect him at 5.45 ❤️

She has squeezed out most of the gunk from his back cyst. He has antibiotic cream for me to squeeze in there. Hopefully this will either not fill back up or it will. But it will give us a bit of time before he needs another operation.

She found another 1cm lump under his chin! She stuck a needle in it and pus came out. So he has an abscess. He will have oral antibiotics for that. It’s not his lymph node.

He has cisaprid gut stimulant.

He has more loxicom.

He’s also on paracetamol.

I will get the potassium citrate.

He had fluids and they might give him another opioid painkiller to go home with.

Bless him. What a little soldier 💙
Big sigh of relief! I'm so happy for you both. Such a brave boy
 
I'm so sorry, poor Patrick and poor you. I'm glad the operation has gone well,sending Patrick best wishes for a speedy recovery.
When my third boar in 2 years got stones I was devastated after all the efforts we went through to avoid them. I had a double appointment with the vet and she felt it wasn't anything I did and that the diet was excellent, you feed the same as I do. You are not to blame, please don't think you are.
 
Thanks everyone. He’s home. He’s had some critical care and a lovely cuddle. He’s in the cat carrier with a snuggle safe as his feet and ears were a little cold when I got him home.

Pinky is doing laps of the cage while he has it all to himself. 🙄

He thinks he’s been on a spa day today. Sleeping soundly all day. Even gave one of the nurses a scare with a death nap. 🤣

I’ll give Patrick all of his meds at 8 ish with some more CC.

IMG_6474.webp

IMG_6475.webp
 
Poor boy, he has been in the wars. He is a big boy ❤️ Great that he is taking the Critical Care 🥰🙏♥️
 
So happy that Patrick has come through his surgery.
Hoping for a speedy recovery now. 🙏🏼
That’s an impressive list of meds he has.

If needed I will happily bring back some Rodicare from Austria when I see @Viennese Furbabies in October. That might give me a good reason to come south to deliver it, see my brother and catch up forum southerners 😊
 
So happy that Patrick has come through his surgery.
Hoping for a speedy recovery now. 🙏🏼
That’s an impressive list of meds he has.

If needed I will happily bring back some Rodicare from Austria when I see @Viennese Furbabies in October. That might give me a good reason to come south to deliver it, see my brother and catch up forum southerners 😊
It would be lovely to see you with or without the Rodicare. ❤️
 
Just trying to get my head around all of the meds and feeding.

Hopefully he won’t need too much syringe feeding in a day or so 🤞🏻
View attachment 288702
Patrick, dont you eat from a bowl? I do, and you should try! Flip the bowl and take a nice little footsiebath in the cc too. I love that! Hooman can see me waving around with my little foot in the air before I even get the bowl sometimes. Happy to hear you are home with spa-Pinky and your mama again! /Harry
 
I came on the forum now specially to read how Patrick is doing!
I'm so glad he's home again and under your care again, @weepweeps

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed over the next few days that all the post-op stuff goes fine. Have a restful, healing 💤 Patrick, you brave boy! I hope your migraine disappears and remains gone, weepweeps.
 
Morning we are up. He’s looking really bright this morning.

I got up at midnight to give him some cucumber in case he was thirsty and reheated a snugglesafe for him. He was eating hay then.

He’s taken all his meds ok and managed about 20ml of CC.

Just having a good munch on his veggies now.

IMG_6478.webp



I’ve still got a dull headache. But feeling very cold too. So hopefully I’m not coming down with something.
 
I'm so pleased he's doing well and the photo is very sweet
As for yourself you are perhaps a little run down from all off the stress and worry, try to rest when you can and keep your fluids up 💐
 
Ah that’s lovely to see - Pinky will keep him going I’m sure
Patrick’s back looks good too🥰

Dear @weepweeps take it easy ….you’ve been on a rollercoaster so no wonder you’ve got physical effects - hopefully it is just the emotional come down.
We’ve shared your journey and are so pleased sweet Patrick is recovering well ❤️
Always remember we’re here for you 😊
 
In case this helps anyone in the future the vet fees for :

Vet appointment and Scan and 1 day at the vets was £174.

Vet appointment, stone removal operation, 1 day at the vets, loxicom, cisapride, antibiotics, antibiotic cream and cleaning out his back cyst was £562.

Plus 2 free further vet appointments at day 3 and 10.
 
In case this helps anyone in the future the vet fees for :

Vet appointment and Scan and 1 day at the vets was £174.

Vet appointment, stone removal operation, 1 day at the vets, loxicom, cisapride, antibiotics, antibiotic cream and cleaning out his back cyst was £562.

Plus 2 free further vet appointments at day 3 and 10.
Was it an X-ray? Or a different scan?
 
Glad to see Patrick doing well this morning.
Look after yourself too.
After all you’ve been through you are probably a bit run down and susceptible to and lurking bugs.
 
Back
Top