• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggie Sleep Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra West

New Born Pup
Reaction score
When do your piggies sleep? I thought they were nocturnal, but Finnian seems to like sleeping off and on from midnight to 5 A.M. He doesn't normally sleep during the day. Could that be because he's in my room with me? I'mnot really worried, he's still adjusting to the new environment. I'm just curious on when other piggies tend to sleep.

Piggies are actually crepuscular, which means they're most active morning and evening. They don't do 12 hours awake, 12 hours asleep though, they tend to have bursts of awake/active times with periods of sleep in-between.
Alright! That explains it! Thank you! I've also just found out that piggies can sleep with their eyes open! That might spook me a few times before I get used to it!

When do your piggies sleep? I thought they were nocturnal, but Finnian seems to like sleeping off and on from midnight to 5 A.M. He doesn't normally sleep during the day. Could that be because he's in my room with me? I'mnot really worried, he's still adjusting to the new environment. I'm just curious on when other piggies tend to sleep.

You can find out some basic information about guinea pigs in this link here; you may find it rather interesting!
Guinea Pig Facts - A Short Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back