• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pigging Out

Bonding today failed..:no: Vegas seem to not like him. With Sierra, hubby managed to get them sit together quietly as long as Bryce don't rumble strutt she's fine, but when Vegas joined the mix, non stop teeth chattering all of them. Vegas was trying to have a go with Sierra too. Hubby picked Vegas up but he got bit hard on his finger. So there was blood drawn, but not the piggies. :doh::D

Will try again tomorrow or another time. Vegas needs to calm herself down. She's chattering to all of us. :td:

Make sure the finger/hand is cared for properly. Bite wounds from situations like this can be pretty nasty.

Sounds like Vegas needs time to calm down. :(
I would give it a break tomorrow. The level of stress hormones takes time to be reduced.

So sorry it didn’t go as well as you’d hoped @anyar.dris :(
Jess and Luigi’s bonding was very close to failing to be honest, chasing and hair pulling from Luigi when Jess wouldn’t give in to his advances etc 🙄 They were both dominant pigs but when he realised that she was boss and not backing down they got on great after that (after our very long bonding day), she was his mummy pig!
Really hope Vegas calms down and you can try them again soon, these naughty pigs! 🤦‍♀️🙄
Hope your hubby’s war wound is feeling better! 🦈 Big hugs to you! x

Started bonding again today, just Vegas and Bryce coz they are the 2 which really are the aggressive ones, plus Sierra is not really having a good day since yesterday. Anyway, they were fine the first few minutes, roaming around the bonding pen, eating near each other. Vegas was ignoring him at first. Then the rumble strutting and teeth chattering started, until they both faced each other and have a major scuffle full on fight. Thankfully no blood and I managed to get Bryce to separate them.

Not sure if hubby would want to try bonding again in the next few days. But we may have to return Bryce to the rescue. 😭 Not sure yet when. But after having him for 6/7 weeks, I already got bonded with him, plus all those bringing him to full health from having ringworm and abscess in the neck. I'm sure I'll be heartbroken. 💔 But we can't really have 2 separate cages coz at the moment he only can have 2x2 C&C alongside the girls' cage and he will grow soon. Yes he can run around the living room when the girls are asleep in their cage, or we can open the girls' cage so he can run around there when the girls are at the other side of the room. But that isn't really ideal coz we adopted him to be with Vegas mainly coz with Sierra not well, we don't really know how long she will stay with us.

I'm just heartbroken with all these. 😔😭💔

Hubby said he would try bonding again in the next few days. Not sure if it will work but he is patient and persistent.

I’m so sorry it’s gone that way. If they had a major scuffle I don’t know if I would. He’s braver than me! Fingers crossed 😬

Sending massive hugs, so sorry it’s gone badly again :( How sad you might have to return him to the rescue when you’ve been through so much together already and you’ve bonded so much, I’d be in love with him too. Really hope you’re ok :hug:x

Sending massive hugs, so sorry it’s gone badly again :( How sad you might have to return him to the rescue when you’ve been through so much together already and you’ve bonded so much, I’d be in love with him too. Really hope you’re ok :hug:x
Hubby is not giving up yet. He said he would try to get them bonded again. We had the same issue in the past, with our first boy Timmy and our dominant sow Deedee. Meemee at that time was definitely the bottom pig and all she did that time was wheek in submission from the 2. It took 2 months for them to trully bond and sit all together. The unfortunate thing that time though was Timmy passed away 2 months after that. 😔

So hubby is still not giving up. I'm a bit hesitant but he isn't. 🤷‍♀️

So sorry it’s not gone well, best made plans 😔 That’s why we ended up with two cages and two pairs 😆

Did they eventually bond? x
No not yet..Vegas is fine with him really. She even allowed him to hump her a few times and she was fine. The problem happens when Bryce gets too excited and then rumble struts non stop. Then that's when the teeth chattering starts and lunging on each other. Maybe Bryce needs to get older first to calm him down a bit? Not really sure. But Keith don't want to give up with the bonding and still expects for them to get on eventually.

Bryce is happy anyway. He gets to run around the whole living room when the girls are in their loft asleep. And then he gets to run around in the whole cage when the girls are in their chair. The girls are not bothered with his scent marking in their cage. They all have interaction thru the bars, but Sierra mostly couldn't care less with all his rumble strutting and just looks at him until she gets bored of him. 🤣

Update with the bonding.

We took quite some time introducing them. Little small meetings and eating beside each other and it was okay. Then we started letting Bryce and Vegas out together on the living room floor and separate only when they would be showing signs of head on scuffle. Vegas had a bite on her mouth the first time they had a scuffle. No blood though and now completely healed.

This week, we all opened the cages doors and let them settle whatever. They have the whole living room to run around. So far, only some minimal hair pulling (Bryce's) and they can all eat together near each other. Bryce definitely knows Sierra is the boss. Sierra would only take notice of him if he starts to rumblestrut to her and then she asserts her dominance. He would run away from her when he knows she is not happy with whatever he is doing. Although they both slept together under the chair, not beside each other though (yet). Bryce only gets separated at night (sleeping time) or when we go out coz Vegas and him can still get on their each others nerves and sometimes would start lunging at each other. Well only when Bryce would nonstop rumblestrut to her. She tolerates him though until that. She allows him to chase and hump her sometimes.

I think it's only a matter of time until they fully get on and be bonded. I know the way we are doing it is not the conventional way of bonding, but we just couldn't give up with them coz we can see they like to be together. It's just Bryce would start messing up with the girls heads when everything seems to be doing okay. Typical guy. 😂🤣

Back