Piggy Doesn't Make Any Noise?

Natrista

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A female guinea pig I've been looking after for a while had never made any noise. Not even a little one. Anybody know why this could be?

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
Some piggies are just quiet.
I have 3 girls who shriek and chatter at every opportunity, and one boy who rarely make a sound.

Pigwhisperer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of mine is a nonstop squeaker and the other is rarely vocal. Personality I think!

Kellykels

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine were quiet to begin with but now they chunner and chatter to one another. Quietly wheek a little, chirp a little, one makes different noises to the other. But they're not the loudest pigs out there and I'm glad about that, they fit with our reserved personalities very well. Not that I'd blame a loud wheeker for wheeking. :) They're piggies!

Reenie

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Mine were quiet to begin with but now they chunner and chatter to one another. Quietly wheek a little, chirp a little, one makes different noises to the other. But they're not the loudest pigs out there and I'm glad about that, they fit with our reserved personalities very well. Not that I'd blame a loud wheeker for wheeking. :) They're piggies!
Mine are all noisy little things. Bailey and Little Dude make a little noise with every step they take.