Piggy Doesn't Make Any Noise?

Natrista

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A female guinea pig I've been looking after for a while had never made any noise. Not even a little one. Anybody know why this could be?

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
Some piggies are just quiet.
I have 3 girls who shriek and chatter at every opportunity, and one boy who rarely make a sound.

Pigwhisperer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of mine is a nonstop squeaker and the other is rarely vocal. Personality I think!

Kellykels

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine were quiet to begin with but now they chunner and chatter to one another. Quietly wheek a little, chirp a little, one makes different noises to the other. But they're not the loudest pigs out there and I'm glad about that, they fit with our reserved personalities very well. Not that I'd blame a loud wheeker for wheeking. :) They're piggies!

Reenie

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Mine were quiet to begin with but now they chunner and chatter to one another. Quietly wheek a little, chirp a little, one makes different noises to the other. But they're not the loudest pigs out there and I'm glad about that, they fit with our reserved personalities very well. Not that I'd blame a loud wheeker for wheeking. :) They're piggies!
Mine are all noisy little things. Bailey and Little Dude make a little noise with every step they take.

Babybart11

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I don't really know how this think works right now because I just registered but I would like to ask a question I had 2 guinea pigs and one died yesterday and since he died the other guinea pig has not made alot of noise I don't know if he is greifing or not because to be honest I don't think they really liked each other because all I could hear was squealing when he was alive but I don't speak guinea pig so I don't know if they did or not I want to know whats wrong with him

Babybart11

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I don't really know how this think works right now because I just registered but I would like to ask a question I had 2 guinea pigs and one died yesterday and since he died the other guinea pig has not made alot of noise I don't know if he is greifing or not because to be honest I don't think they really liked each other because all I could hear was squealing when he was alive but I don't speak guinea pig so I don't know if they did or not I want to know whats wrong with him
Also i've had him for 2 years and hes still so scared of me what do I do?

Mo & Stubbins & Vani

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:wel:
Here is how to start a new thread. :)
Click on the green button in the upper righthand corner of the page (picture attached). I hope this helps! :)

Attachments