• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra West

New Born Pup
Reaction score
image.jpg How often do you recommend filling the piggie's water bottle? Only when it's empty, or do you like to change it every day? I like to change Finnian's water daily, but I wanna know what everyone else does!

I empty and refill every day just as part of the morning routine, it's easy enough to do. They have a 250ml bottle but would never get through that between them in a day, so it's just once a day I change it. They did have a 600ml bottle and rarely used it, I just thought they weren't big drinkers - I then added the 250ml one to a different part of their run and they drank from that one loads, still not using the 600ml. I took the 600ml out of the cage and replaced it with the 250ml and they continue to drink from that fine. How inexplicably picky is that?! :hb:

I empty and refill every day just as part of the morning routine, it's easy enough to do. They have a 250ml bottle but would never get through that between them in a day, so it's just once a day I change it. They did have a 600ml bottle and rarely used it, I just thought they weren't big drinkers - I then added the 250ml one to a different part of their run and they drank from that one loads, still not using the 600ml. I took the 600ml out of the cage and replaced it with the 250ml and they continue to drink from that fine. How inexplicably picky is that?! :hb:
That's how Finnian was for me! We re-used a chinchilla bottle that they never touched at all (it was an extra one my sister got accidentally) and he didn't like it too much. But I've downgraded him to a 150ml (I believe) and he drinks from it all the time! He's also picky on hay placements and won't eat it unless it's right next to his hide house. Not in, but right in front of the door!

I give fresh every other day. Mostly because the tap isn't on the same floor, and due to having a cat it's a lot of effort to change and keep security (I have ME/CFS so the lot of effort counts).
However contrary to the above poster I don't change my own bottle-of-water-on-my-desk every day either; despite having taste sensitivities I only really notice a difference if it's 3 days old. Water hardness and original source (surface or groundwater) probably influence.

I have 2 water bottles for mine (1 upstairs, 1 downstairs) and always refill & wash them daily. Firstly because bacteria can thrive in water so i wouldn't want to leave it too long. Secondly because I have 4 piggies who are all quite active and i wouldn't want them to run out.

I have 2 water bottles for 4 piggies.
One is glass and one is plastic.
They are both emptied and changed daily, and properly scrubbed out once a week.

I have 2 water bottles for 4 piggies.
One is glass and one is plastic.
They are both emptied and changed daily, and properly scrubbed out once a week.
How do you scrub them out swissgreys? I can't find any bottle brushes that fit into my bottles.

I use a bottle scrubber from the baby isle in the supermarket.
The bottles are 250ml (plastic) and 500ml (glass) and it fits just fine.
I did see a special one in the pet store, but it cost twice as much as the one from the baby isle.

That's what I was going to say - baby bottle brushes :)

One of my girls loves fresh water. She runs over to the bottle as
I'm putting it back! I tend to do it every day. Sometimes every two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back