• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pillow Wad Hay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guineapigfeet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've recently bought some meadow hay from Pillow Wad and wondered if any one else uses it?
I have a massive bag of meadow hay from my equestrian supplier (20kg compressed for £5) but it is a bit dusty. I now use this (in my head) as 'bedding hay' and put out the Pillow Wad to eat. When they come inside they only get Pillow Wad as it is dust extracted and so much better for my OH's allergies. I'm pretty sure they've eating more hay now, which is great.
The hay is nice and green and smells great (my other hay smells good too, but isn't as green) the bag says it's not chopped, but most strands are not that long. Still manage to burrow in it though! Worked out at about £1.80 per kilo, does this sound like good value? With three pigs I've got through half a bag in a week.
It's all British and each bag is totally traceable, down to the field it was grown in, which I really like
image.jpg

We usually have a bag of pillow wad on the go along side Ings hay. The pillow wad is the best hay that I can find to buy locally and my girls do seem to like it most of the time. The bag we have at the moment seems to be shorter cut than previous bags.

We've had this for a couple of months now, since out local pet store swapped from Lunnuns to this, and I must say it's very popular with the piggies :) Now I purchase Lunnuns on line and they get a bit of both, but I won't be concerned if I run out of Lunnuns, just because they like the Pillow Wad very much.
That reminds me, I must get some on the way to work.... :)
They also enjoy a bit of Alfalfa King Timothy hay, and some Readigrass.
Honestly, if I had to choose one to give and one only, even though they like the Lunnuns, I think the Pillow Wad has the edge and that would be the one :)

:D I bought three bags (?) of this recently, just to see if my piggies would like it and as a change of hay type. It is VERY soft and fine. I would say maybe TOO soft as it doesn't give the teeth a good work-out. Also found that it made a lot of mess falling out of the hay racks and when carrying a handful from bag to rack. I would agree that it was quite green and smelled nice. All of my girls liked it. I bought mine from Fetch.co.uk, 3 bags 2.25 kg £3.49 each.

Just discovered that I can buy this hay from my local garden centre and for 3 maxi bags, it's over £5 cheaper than online - bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back