• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pinky has a poorly eye

Dear @weepweeps

I have had a secret wheekmail from Pinky. He has told me of your dedication and getting up at all hours during the night to tend to his poorly eye and that you have even disturbed Mr @weepweeps and Chester to sort out the medication for his eye. I convened an Emergency Meeting of the GPU tonight and after a long discusion, it was decided that you are no longer on the Wall of Shame forever. You are still on the Wall of Shame but it is not forever anymore.

This is a one off decision and will never be repeated. It is because of your devotion to Pinky that this action has been taken.

Your piggies helpful friend

Sir Saxon Canute
Shop Steward
 
Dear @weepweeps

I have had a secret wheekmail from Pinky. He has told me of your dedication and getting up at all hours during the night to tend to his poorly eye and that you have even disturbed Mr @weepweeps and Chester to sort out the medication for his eye. I convened an Emergency Meeting of the GPU tonight and after a long discusion, it was decided that you are no longer on the Wall of Shame forever. You are still on the Wall of Shame but it is not forever anymore.

This is a one off decision and will never be repeated. It is because of your devotion to Pinky that this action has been taken.

Your piggies helpful friend

Sir Saxon Canute
Shop Steward
Thank you so much Sir Saxon Canute and thank you dear Pinky. 🥰
 
Vet was so pleased with Pinky’s progress today. He still has an ulcer. Now the swelling has gone down a bit it can be seen very clearly. It hasn’t really shown up before.

So he has another week of antibiotics, pain meds, eye drops, two lubricants.

The good news is I don’t have to get up at midnight anymore 🥳

This is the revised medicine schedule

IMG_5828.webp

This is how it looks now. It’s still swollen behind the eye.

IMG_5821.webp

Another vet appointment in a weeks time.

£50 for this consultation (no meds needed) She is amazing. I’m definitely going to put her name on the approved vet list.
 
While I was at the vets I cheekily asked her to check Patrick’s cyst.

She did a pre-op check there and then so I wouldn’t have to come back and advised me to get it removed as it has gotten quite large. I’ll start another thread nearer the time for Patrick.
 
This is what his eye is looking like now. Looks healthy but has this white bit at the bottom of it. Not sure if his eye is “looking up” now.

This may be his new normal. Anyway. Seeing the vet on Wednesday so will know more then.

IMG_5866.webp

I’ve also stopped his pain meds as of today. As he’s acting normal.
 
This is what his eye is looking like now. Looks healthy but has this white bit at the bottom of it. Not sure if his eye is “looking up” now.

This may be his new normal. Anyway. Seeing the vet on Wednesday so will know more then.

View attachment 287076

I’ve also stopped his pain meds as of today. As he’s acting normal.



Ah lovely Pinky - your eye is looking very good - thanks to your Mummy 🥰
 
Pinky was at the vets this evening. I can stop all the meds apart from the eye drops. He still has very small ulcer so she said to carry them on until Sunday and then see what happens. 🤞🏻
Fantastic news! Excellent work, both you and Pinky Pinkeye.

20230330_120928~2.webp
Found a picture on Bob when he had his pinkeye. This was like day three into the treatment at it was a bit better from the first day. It must have been hurting so much! He was a Warrior my Bobby.
 
Pinky was at the vets this evening. I can stop all the meds apart from the eye drops. He still has very small ulcer so she said to carry them on until Sunday and then see what happens. 🤞🏻
What wonderful news.
You must be so relieved that all your hard work for him, and commitment to him has paid off
 
Back
Top